Debt Consolidation Forums US tax system and impact on debt forums

Back Child Support Owed to me, will I get stimulous?

member profile picture
Posts: 1468
Credits: 13312.35

I am owed over $25,000 in back child support for my 16 year old son ... his father hasn't paid in YEARS but is working now. ASSUMING that he's getting a stimulus check, will it come to me instead of him? Or does anyone know where to find out?

Have you received any tax refunds from the IRS on his behalf already? If the IRS is snatching his refunds b/c he owes child support and is paying you these items, then chances are they will also tax his stimulus check and forward that to you.

If the IRS has not ever sent you his tax refunds, then you probably won't get his stimulus check.

It all depends if it is set up in their system.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 00:59

desperatelyseekingsanity desperatelyseekingsanity

(Posts: 1129 | Credits: 58.41)

Go to and research Stimulus Payment FAQ and see if there is any info about withholding payment due to taxes, child support, etc. owed.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 01:04

desperatelyseekingsanity desperatelyseekingsanity

(Posts: 1129 | Credits: 58.41)

If he owes that much in child support why hasn't he been incarcerated for it :twisted: ? That is bulls$$$t that these lazy fathers can get away with this. I truly hope for your sake that you start getting some sort of financial support from him.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 03:45

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: 282.45)

He is a piece of work for sure, it is sad that so many people get away with it. But I guess if you know how to work the system it is easy.

Sub: #4 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 23:53

smo65d11 smo65d11

(Posts: 1468 | Credits: 133.12)

I would encourage you to contact Child Services in your state. They have the resournces to locate and go after him and the expenses will be paid by him. The State will go after him even if he lives in another state. I don't understand those fathers who just believe that they can ignore the children. It's very sad! but they should never get away with it. CALL CHILD SERVICES - PLEASE!

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 08/05/2008 - 20:09


There is a standing order but as my son went to live with him last year he is now trying to get all of the past arrearages wiped away. I have no idea if they will, it is a waiting game at this point.

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 08/05/2008 - 20:19

smo65d11 smo65d11

(Posts: 1468 | Credits: 133.12)

Please talk to child services [or whatever they're called] in your state about this. You should also consider retaining legal assistance. Legal Aid, if nothing else.

Sub: #7 posted on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 08:26

unclewulf unclewulf
(Posts: 3173 | Credits: 315.03)

Funny this is brought up again, as I have just gotten more papers from his state trying to establish a new support order where I pay HIM. They don't seem to care that he owes me for 13 years of unpaid support?

I have, submitted all the papers, called the other state AGAIN, resubmitted all of those papers, he changed jobs, submitted everything to both states again, waited, submitted again, he changed jobs etc etc etc. He's been doing this since my son was young, I made the mistake of not filing as soon as my son was born because he didn't want any part of his life so I was happy to just have him out of MY life. As soon as he started demanding to see our son when he was about 2 years old, I filed, and he has hardly been forced to pay a dime. He was only supposed to pay $209 a month starting about 13 years ago, and now owes just under $25,000 ... that should tell you how much he has actually paid towards his sons support.

To be fair, I have only given my son spending money and have paid nothing towards his support since he has been living at his dads.

This whole thing depresses me!

Sub: #8 posted on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 18:37

smo65d11 smo65d11

(Posts: 1468 | Credits: 133.12)

The father of my child has been living off of me and his child. He claimed her on his taxes for three years but i amended them. He does not pay child support but i have filed now. So what i was wondering since the child is three now does he have to pay child support for the first three years of her life or does the process start now since i just filed for it.

Sub: #9 posted on Sat, 08/16/2008 - 05:42


it just starts as of now.

Sub: #10 posted on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 00:42

smo65d11 smo65d11

(Posts: 1468 | Credits: 133.12)

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.266 seconds.