member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 45.85

i just received notice im being sued for a cc that was settled in 2002 but mrs will not sent me papers saying it was settled

Have you contacted the company that handled your settlement? Did you speak with a supervior?

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 08:09

melben1 melben1

(Posts: 40 | Credits: 6.62)

SOL in Colorado is only 3 years so it is a moot point. Respond to the summons that the debt is out of SOL.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 08:54

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17214 | Credits: 4746.7)

Just my thought...however, if the settlement company made a payment and then failed to complete the transaction then it may not be as moot as you think. I would want that letter as my proof which could be sent in with the response. The finer points and details is missing and assumptions being made, I have learned over my many years that it is better to have things in writing when fighting for your right.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 09:20

melben1 melben1

(Posts: 40 | Credits: 6.62)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.923 seconds.