Freedom Debt Relief claims to help people who have a lot of debt in handling creditors and negotiating a settlement with them. However, not many consumers have spoken well about them and the way they work. Although most of the customers have not offered good reviews about them, there are also a few who think of them as a dependable company.
Mixed Consumer Reaction about Freedom Debt Relief
Freedom Debt Relief has had mixed reactions from people. On one hand there are customers who have been extremely unhappy with them and on the other hand there are again customers who have had good experience and find them reliable.
Few of the positive feedback about Freedom Debt Relief
- Some customers have felt that the company has been true to their words.
- They immediately start contacting debtors/creditors in order to negotiate a settlement.
- They have been honest and also helped clients get in touch with an attorney who could help them get out of debt.
- They have helped customers settle debts for good.
Few of the common complaints against Freedom Debt Relief are:
- They settle for far more an amount than what they commit to customers.
- Even after receiving a 'cease and desist' letter they continued with their calls.
- They tend to lose information provided by their customers.
- Customers have been forced to file bankruptcy since working with them has cost them a lot of money.
- They are known to spoil credit scores of individuals.
- They are accused of not returning client's money in case they have not been able to settle with a creditor.
- BBB has refrained Freedom from working in California.
- The kind of settlement they make is no better than what any individual could have done himself.
General information on Freedom Debt Relief
Freedom Debt Relief is a debt settlement company founded in 2002 aiming to help individuals improve their financial condition. They assist them in getting out of debt through their financial programs. They are said to negotiate with the creditors/lenders and settle accounts for as less as possible and also educate consumers on debt management.
Anyone who feels the need to get in touch with them may use the information provided below:
1875 outh Grant Street
San Mateo, CA 94402
The number to contact them is (800)544-7211