member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 53.05

Last year when my husband was hurt we put $7500 on his brother's charge. (as cash to us) Now we are paying him monthly but I would rather have it in our name so we can at least deal with it. Is it possible to balance transfer it?

Only if you have an account that you can transfer it TO.

If you or your husbands name is not on the brother (in-law)credit card, then legally, your brother (in-law) is responsible for it. The only way for you to "assume" it, is to get credit (cc or loan) and pay it off so your brother (in-law) is debt free of it.

If your brother (in-law) were to file bankruptcy (Chapter 7) then he would be released from having to pay it, and then, in reality, so would you.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 08/01/2008 - 01:40

desperatelyseekingsanity desperatelyseekingsanity

(Posts: 1129 | Credits: 58.41)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.678 seconds.