Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

Please help--debt settlement or bankruptcy??

member profile picture

We owe approx. 21k on credit cards. The settlement company projects we will pay about 14-15k and at the payment we can afford it will take 5 years.
Would it be better or easier to just declare bankruptcy? I know a chapter 7 is pretty devastating to credit reports, but we could start rebuilding credit much faster.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

5 years for 21k in debt !!! That is retarded. You won`t save hardly any money doing that long of a program with that small of debt by the time you factor in late fees , penalties ,and interest. Odds are you will get sued doing a 5 year program. Any settlement company willing to put you in a program longer than a 36 months with only 21k in debt is not looking out in your best interest. What was the names of this company ? I would bet money that the company that quoted you was named Credit Solutions.

Sub: #1 posted on Sat, 08/02/2008 - 00:30

mobile0311 mobile0311
Moderators
(Posts: 1817 | Credits: 104.57)

You would lose that bet. I wish we could pay it off in 36 months but we just can't afford the monthly payment it would take to do that.

Sub: #2 posted on Sat, 08/02/2008 - 00:40

Unregistered

Oops--I hit reply too soon! OVLG is who we are working with; of course, it's not their fault we can't afford the payment.

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 08/02/2008 - 00:41

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 1.410 seconds.