member profile picture

Thank you in advance to all the kind people who frequent this board. You have provided so much good advice to others, I hope you can help me. Here is my question:

I am at 174 days with CAP One. I have been speaking with them on a biweekly basis now- and the best settlement deal they are offering me is the principal balance of what I owe them $7300 (from my total balance of $9100). With me being so close to charge off- do you think this is their best offer? Should I hold out for another week?

Will they be more willing to negotitate once it gets charged off? I have done so much damage to my credit at this point- is getting a charge off that much worse?

Thanks in advance...I hope someday to repay your kindness by sharing my own experiences with others on this board.

I've never had a Capital One card, so I can't answer your question. I have read other posts though that say they are very hard to work with. Hopefully, someone else will be along who has experience with them and can advise you further.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 08/01/2008 - 02:51

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: 79.88)

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.298 seconds.