Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

Other debt consolidation company mislead me

member profile picture
Credits: 72.5
[Donate]

i have around 15,ooo in bills and i had them comsolidated with another company and they mislead me thanks kim

Hello, welcome to the site...since you have registered a credit counselor will be contacting your shortly to discuss your options.
It's unfortunate that you didn't have success with the first company you got involved with. I know exactly how you feel, I myself had a pretty bad experience with the first company I was with. Wish you the best of luck and feel free to ask any questions..we are all here to help.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 02/20/2007 - 03:06

PinkLady PinkLady
Moderators
(Posts: 1722 | Credits: 277.46)

When you signed the contract with your consolidation company, they are responsible to take care of your accounts and arrange repayments with your creditors. Are you thinking anything legal against them at this stage?

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 02/20/2007 - 03:18

ricjil ricjil

(Posts: 225 | Credits: 35.66)

I was told that consolidating my debt would help my credit. Now I can't get any loans because I'm considered bankrupt.

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 07/30/2008 - 12:38

Unregistered

Its not considered bankruptcy. It just shows you you are in a debt management plan to prevent people from digging a deeper hole in debt while they are supposed to be trying to get out of debt. This is to protect the client from themselves. Unfortunately you can`t have your cake and eat it to. You shouldn't be applying for credit cards or loans while trying to get out of debt while in a dmp. Once you complete the DMP it comes off your report and you can apply for loans and credit cards again if you want although I don`t suggest it.

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 07/30/2008 - 20:29

mobile0311 mobile0311
Moderators
(Posts: 1817 | Credits: 104.57)

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.916 seconds.