member profile picture
Credits: 977.75
[Donate]

I have a credit card with Capitol one, I ran into some hard finanical times and got behind on this credit card, every month they would add late fees and overlimit fees. well I can now pay this bill by the due date but I can't afford the $600 min due that would bring my account current. I've tried talking to them and they aren't willing to help me at all. I told them i could pay the regular minimum amount due each month if they would just roll those fees into the balance and we could start fresh. well they won't do anything. I think they like getting all those fees. Does anyone have any suggestions on dealing with these people?

I have the same problem with Capital one

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 02/12/2007 - 23:57

netgamer416 netgamer416

(Posts: 3 | Credits: 1.12)

Wish I did! I had a Capitol One card a long time ago and had problems with them. Even when I tried to close my account, they would not let me until I was at a zero balance, which of course did not happen for a long time and continued to pay finance charges on finance charges. Then when received the paperwork that I was filing bankruptcy, they marked my account as a "charge off". I have a friend that has been disputing a charge on her card, that she said she did not make because she had requested the account closed and even sent the card back and they are telling her it was a legitimate charge that she could have kept the card number, and exp. date to use the card. I would never have another card from them for nothing!

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 02/12/2007 - 23:59

2nband 2nband
Moderators
(Posts: 2279 | Credits: 469.2)

Oh and they marked the card as "Closed by Grantor", not customer!

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 00:00

2nband 2nband
Moderators
(Posts: 2279 | Credits: 469.2)

Joy I would talk to one of the debt counselors that is available when you register. Maybe they can do some negotating on your behalf. Also I would ask to speak to a supervisor for capital one. I know that they have hardship programs which sometimes you can pay 3 percent of your balance and they stop those fees. Its worth a shot. Best Wishes KYSIDE38

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 00:04

KYSIDE38 KYSIDE38

(Posts: 2478 | Credits: 398.52)

There is no law that states that you can't make any payment less than the minimum amount. That is why, the credit companies charge late payment fees when you pay less than minimums. I highly suggest you to send the credit company some amount that you can afford at this time. They are required to post it towards your file. Write a proposal letter along with the check. Send the letter CMRRR to prove your actions in case any dispute arises later. Speak with a credit counselor also for some negotiation tips you need to do with Capital One.

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 00:36

Howard Howard

(Posts: 310 | Credits: 104.2)

For what I can see Capital one does not like to be on a debt management plan. I received a letter today from northland group, Inc saying I owe $670.99 and they would settled for $503.18 how is this Northland Group are they legit? they even send 3 coupons to pay $167.72 to pay them on installment every 30 days. Are they trustworthy?

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 03:22

spanisheyes spanisheyes

(Posts: 313 | Credits: 143.16)

Is northland group showing you any papers that confirm their authorization to collect on this account?

Sub: #7 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 03:27

Howard Howard

(Posts: 310 | Credits: 104.2)

Howard they sent me what looks like a bill with all information matching what Capital One has on file and I know I owe Capital One. I am wondering whether this people (Northland) are reputable I don't want to make the 3 payments and then not get credit with Capital One. Please advise Thanks

Sub: #8 posted on Tue, 02/13/2007 - 10:47

spanisheyes spanisheyes

(Posts: 313 | Credits: 143.16)

I fell behind on my capitol one due to finances and they refuse to work with me. I have been paying $100 a month. They turn and charge me $140 in fees. How am I suppose to ever catch up? I truly don't think they want you to.

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 03/20/2008 - 20:40

Unregistered

Hey guys, we live in a capitalistic society run by a small group of bankers who prey on us poor workers. They are a cabal of sadists. Debt is a form of slavery according to the bible and Dave Ramsey author of Financial Makeover. I highly recommend you read his book and learn about the many money (bankers) myths. Good Luck, PS May 1st, 2008 Jesse Trenedau grand jury release of the Oklahoma City Bombing from the FBI Records may be released, micrnukes were used!!

Sub: #10 posted on Tue, 04/22/2008 - 18:07

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 1.845 seconds.