DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Help! I need a letter to stop ach withdrawals

member profile picture
Credits: 996.35
[Donate]

I had a pdl with Antilles Venture through my old checking account. They contacted me and said it wasn't paid and I said it was, next thing I know I have a lawyers office calling me. I told them to send me a validation of the debit I showed it was paid. well they never did. Somehow they go ahold of my new checking account number and they have been trying to take money out everyweek. I have gone to the bank and disputed it and had it taken off, but this is getting ridiculious. They can't put a stop of ach transaction
What can I do. Thanks

Tiffany99

Credits: 20375.55

Sub: #1 If your bank can't put a stop on ACH transactions, I would be te
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 09:20

If your bank can't put a stop on ACH transactions, I would be tempted to change banks. You can't keep going back to the bank to dispute unauthorized debits every time this happens.

It also might be worth looking up your state's pdl laws and figuring up the total amount you paid this lender. Compare the total to the allowable interest (if applicable) for your state to see if you overpaid. If this is the case, you can send a letter via certified mail/return receipt requested to the pdl and tell them that you do not authorize them to make any ACH debits or withdrawals of any kind from your acct. Also, demand that they mark your loan as paid in full and insert your states pdl laws. If you overpaid, you can inform them that you are actually due a refund of the overpayment, and either ask for that, or say that you are willing to settle the matter by just having them mark your account as paid.

Teleport
Credits: 40189.2

Sub: #2 Also, if you have proof that this was paid, you could file a pol
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 09:25

Also, if you have proof that this was paid, you could file a police order of unauthorized debits on your account. Especially if you have a new account.

Aslo, what is the name of the law office (collection office)?

Regards
Mike

chagrin
Credits: 2444.2

Sub: #3 How on Earth did they get your new bank account number? I didn't
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 09:28

How on Earth did they get your new bank account number? I didn't know they could track your direct deposits and such?

IncredibleHelp
Credits: 7700

Sub: #4 The companies do skip tracing to access people's information. Be
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 09:32

The companies do skip tracing to access people's information. Besides, they can view anyone's credit file, but they don't have rights to enter anything until there are legitimate reasons for doing it.

cbigfan7
Credits: 549.9

Sub: #5 I have never heard about obtaining bank account information thro
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 09:56

I have never heard about obtaining bank account information through skip tracing. Maybe the fact that you had an account but to obtain the routing and account #?? Wow. Thats a first

chagrin

Sub: #6 I agree, does anyone have any link or information on how a place
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 10:28

I agree, does anyone have any link or information on how a place like that obtains routing numbers, bank account numbers, etc?

My first thought was that they somehow keep payroll information and somehow "follow" the deposits from there?

PDLFREE

Credits: 20330.9

Sub: #7 I didn't know skip tracing could be used to trace banking inform
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 10:31

I didn't know skip tracing could be used to trace banking information becuase if that was so NO ones accounts would be safe from anyone. Plus if they don't have authorization to debit from that account then legal proceeding need to be initiated

chagrin

Sub: #8 I used to do some collecting for Citibank back 9 years ago, we s
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 10:36

I used to do some collecting for Citibank back 9 years ago, we skipped, but nobody ever got into bank account numbers, etc. Sounds to me like maybe the thread starter somehow accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

good4me - have you considered closing the new one as well?

WHEREAMI?
Credits: 73181.1

Sub: #9 I was told by my bank they can do it with just your social secur
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 13:54

I was told by my bank they can do it with just your social security number if they have it.

cbigfan7
Credits: 549.9

Sub: #10 Let me see if I understand you correctly. All someone has to ha
Fri, 11/03/2006 - 14:00

Let me see if I understand you correctly. All someone has to have is your SS# and they can initiate an ACH withdrawal from your bank account? And it's legal? That does not sound right to me.

Add new comment

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 2.374 seconds.