DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

VCS and Associates

needing help
member profile picture

I just got a letter for VCS and Associates out of NY stating;
This account has been turned over to VCS & Associates for immediate collection. Please respond to this request for payment within 10 days of receipt of this notice to avoid further collection activity. Be advised VCS & Associates, LLC has full power and authority to collect, sue, discharge, and/or settle any portion of the account listed above.
The Originalcreditor was CashNet in the amount of $1241.87.
what should I do. They keep calling me at work and on my cell. Can they garnish my payroll check, or my IRS return check like they say? I do take out a loan for 800.00 and paid half of it back before I got into really bad debt and could not pay the rest.
I called CashNet and they will not let me pay them back with VCS taking over the loan. I live in Texas.

SOAPLADY

Debt Samaritan
Credits: 474637.28869987

Sub: #1 Well you in texas so they cannot garnish you. Have you voided y
Thu, 06/17/2010 - 04:25

Well you in texas so they cannot garnish you. Have you voided your wage assignment permission? Wage assignment is voluntary.

Only federal/state debts and child support can garnish thru the IRS...so they cannot touch that money.

Unregistered

Sub: #2 Quote:Originally Posted by SOAPLADYWell you in texas so they can
Thu, 06/17/2010 - 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted bySOAPLADY
Well you in texas so they cannot garnish you. Have you voided your wage assignment permission? Wage assignment is voluntary.
Only federal/state debts and child support can garnish thru the IRS...so they cannot touch that money.

How would I know if I have voided my wage assignment.

paulmergel

Credits: 135761.15272958

Sub: #3 Quote:Originally Posted by AnonymousHow would I know if I have v
Thu, 06/17/2010 - 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted byAnonymous
How would I know if I have voided my wage assignment.

give a WAGE ASSIGNMENT REVOCATION letter to your HR,or payroll person.there are template letters in the do-it-yourself section..that will negate the CA'S attempt at trying to submit a wage assignment.

Add new comment

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 0.739 seconds.