member profile picture

Hi - I'm looking for some advice. This is my last PDL (from 11). I defaulted in May, sent the usual letters. The total deposit into my bank account was $450.00. The one finance fee I paid was $135.00 leaving a balance of $315.00. I have sent repeated emails telling them I would pay the principle, but to please send me a mailing address and a copy of my loan paperwork since I cannot find it. They have not sent those. They are still looking for a payment of $720.00 or two payments of $360.00.
Any ideas how I should handle them. I live in Ct. and these loans are prohibited.

ldoll,where ya been?first print up your state laws prohibiting
pdl lending.then send that with another letter restating your
intention to pay the remaining 315.00.usfastcash is part of
MNE and will fight you.don't back down,they are illegal everywhere and they know it.stand firm and they will give in.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 18:30

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

Ldoll. . . I can only tell you how I handled UFC. I too a loan out with them. I came to this site in February, whereby I closed my bank account to deny them access. I live in NY, where PDLs are prohibited as well. I drafted my C and D letter and sent it each and every day until I got what I wanted. I then took the advice of James and called their processor, Intercept EFT, and spoke with Cindy. I told her that I had revoked their ACH authorization and even though they had not tried to debit my account recently, I wasn't sure that, if sometime in the future, they would ask Intercept to debit on a revoked account. Cindy emailed them. I then sent an email to UFC detailing my conversation with Intercept, and again attaching my State Laws. I also called Bremer Bank, as they were listed as the originator of the loan on my bank statement. I got that directly from the ACH department of my bank. Within no time I got my PIF from them with $30 still remaining on my balance. I did this early on in the processor route, like the first to call, I believe. I know that Intercept is now requiring that your bank be notified of the revocation, as well as the PDL. They seem to be playing more by the book, with all the complaints they are receiving, but I do think the mere thought of losing their way to move their funds is creeping them out. This is your last PDL. Don't give up on them. I think that being prohibited is on your side. I know it was for me. Give this a try. Intercept EFT can be reached at 1-800-378-3328. Ask to speak with Cindy. If Bremer is still banking with them, they can be reached at 1-800-908-2265. I do hope that this can net you a PIF. Keep at em' and keep us posted.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 18:47

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: 149.03)

llw1995 - Would you mind sharing your C & D letter? This is great advice - thank you!!!
Everyone else was okay to work with - probably because I overpaid them!
paulmergel - I've been around! I've been enjoying being almost PDL free and paying my "real" bills!!

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 19:58


sounds good,also good to hear everything's better with you. :D 8)

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 20:01

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

Ldoll. . .no problem. Since you are also in a State that prohibits these things most of this will probably apply. You will, of course, have to adapt it to your particular situation. Also, I put in the particulars somewhere in each individual PDL regarding how much I had already paid, what I still owed and what I was willing to repay. None of my PDLs were overpaid at the time I started knocking them down, so I feel I was at an advantage. I lost nothing monetarily, and in fact I actually paid less than what I borrowed, as UFC booted me to the curb with $30 still owing and Star Advance booted me with a whopping $293 still owing! I hope this information works out for you. One thing I forgot to mention, when I did contact Intercept EFT, I immediately went to there website, and went to the comment section and posted the same C and D letter to them as well so they were aware that I had, in fact, said what I told them I said, to the PDL. Before I sent it, I copied it over to another email and then sent that straight away to UFC, so they too, knew that I wasn't kidding around. It can get convoluted I would guess, but it worked out for me. Hope it does the same for you. Here ya go. . .

To Whom it May Concern:

After doing research on internet payday loan laws in the state of New York, I have found that your internet payday loans are actually illegal. I have also found the following laws to be true applying to payday loans in the state of New York in general:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

New York State Information

Legal Status: Prohibited

Licensed lender law applies but interest rate is that agreed to by contract. N.Y. Banking Law ???? 340 et seq. A check casher licensee cannot make loans nor cash or advance any moneys on a post dated check unless it is a payroll check. N.Y. Banking Law ???? 373. Criminal law sets the usury cap at 25%. N.Y. Penal Code ???? 190.40.

Small Loan Rate Cap
25% per year

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: New York State Banking Department
Address: One State Street New York NY 10004
Phone: 1-877-BANK-NYS
Regulatory Contact: Regina A. Stone Deputy Superintendent
Regulator????????s Website
Complaint Form
Complaint Instructions

A physical address is necessary, as you are no longer authorized to debit my bank account. I will not Money Gram or Western Union any payment. If no physical address is provided for me to mail payment to, no payment will be made.

Any contact must be made through the US Postal Service or email only. I need everything in writing to keep accurate records of all communication as per instruction from the state Attorney General's Office.

I prohibit you or your affiliates from contacting me via telephone at my place of employment or my home telephone number. I also prohibit you from calling my references listed on my loan. Once I inform you of this, you must stop the telephone contact immediately or you will be once again breaking the laws of the state of New York.

You are also hereby notified that I am revoking any voluntary wage assignment I may or may not have signed. I no longer authorize you, your company, or your affiliates to attach any part of my wages or contact my employer for your collection purposes.

I am revoking your right to debit my checking account any longer. You, your company, or your affiliates are not authorized to debit my checking account from this point on. Please be aware that I have informed my financial institution of this situation and they will also be receiving a copy of this correspondence. Any further attempts at debiting my account will be rejected by my financial institution as my account has been flagged as having fraudulent activity.

I must also inform you that I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, my state Attorney General's Office, the New York State Banking Department. In regards to this matter, I expect a response from your company no later than 10 days from the date of this communication. This response may only come via US Postal Service or email. No telephone contact is permitted.

Just plug in your State's name and State laws and then change the Banking Department to whatever it is in CT. Please keep us posted on our progress

Sub: #5 posted on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 20:21

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: 149.03)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.743 seconds.