Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

Help with Delbert Services Corporation

member profile picture
Posts: 6
Credits: 88.85

I live in Illinois. In December 2012 I took out an online loan in the amount of $2,525 from Western Sky/Cash Call. Sometime in 2013 Delbert Services Corporation took over the loan.

I have made monthly ACH payments in the amount of $294.46 since January 2013. So far my payments have totaled $3,827.98.

On January 24, 2014 I sent Delbert a Cease and Desist letter via email. This was their response to me:

“Thank you for your correspondence. As of 1/24/14 your account has been placed in a cease and desist status. We have also received your request to stop your ACH automatic withdrawals and as of 1/24/14 your request has been processed. All communications from Delbert Services going forward will be communicated in writing through mail or email only. We have sent you a letter of Validation via USPS to further explain the legalities of your loan. Please understand that you are still responsible for the repayment of the loan. I would personally like to address any concerns that you may have regarding your loan. You may contact me directly at 714-221-3819.”

I don’t think that any of these businesses are/were licensed to do business in the state of Illinois. My initial thought was just to ignore them going forward, however, I have heard that Delbert is putting derogatory marks on people’s credit reports.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Western sky is an illegal lender, do not worry about it.. You will have to dispute to get them off of your credit. Delbert Services and Cash Call are all under the same owner as Western Sky.. If they are like Cash Call you will get a lot of mail from them, just do not sign anything and return it. When you start to get things, remember we are here to help you.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 06:00

HelpinAZ HelpinAZ
(Posts: 1873 | Credits: 288.12)

Western Sky is an illegal lender. That means Cash Call as well as Delbert Services are also illegal in your state. You owe them nothing more than the principal balance. Since you have already overpaid them, so ask them for the refund. But it fully depends on their discretion whether or not to return back your money. Usually illegal lender can’t report to the credit bureaus. As they have done the same, so dispute it with the credit bureaus immediately to get them removed from your credit report. If they are still trying to contact you after receiving the C&D letter, then file a complaint against them to the SAG or FTC.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 12:08


Thank you everyone for your insight. I'm so glad I found this website and all of you. Thanks again!

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 01/30/2014 - 22:57

deannab deannab

(Posts: 6 | Credits: 0.89)

No problem, glad to help - If you have any other questions - just ask..

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 01/31/2014 - 05:14

HelpinAZ HelpinAZ
(Posts: 1873 | Credits: 288.12)

I noticed you sent them a C&D letter via email. Can you provide me what email address you used? Ive paid my principal back plus some...I don't want a refund, but I would like them to stop taking money out of my account! Ive tried to contact them several times but not getting any answers!


Sub: #5 posted on Thu, 02/06/2014 - 06:12


you need to secure/close your account.that is the only way to stop the long as the account is open they will debit.close that account before sending the letter.

Sub: #6 posted on Thu, 02/06/2014 - 18:58

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

The email address I used to send them the C&D letter is Customer.Service@Delb

I did just receive a letter from them sent via USPS in which they attempt to "validate" the debt and say that I still owe them the money and that I can call them to "settle".

Sub: #7 posted on Thu, 02/06/2014 - 22:13

deannab deannab

(Posts: 6 | Credits: 0.89)

just ignore them and keep disputing with the credit bureaus

Sub: #8 posted on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 01:21

waffles waffles
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 1697 | Credits: 310.27)

I have the same problem but I am located in Indiana. Anyone have success dealing with them from that state. I have filed a letter with the FTC and my States Attorney General Office. They did respond to with a letter that Western Sky, Cash Call and Delbert Services is not legal in my State. And said I was not under any legal obligation to pay back the loan because it is considered illegal.

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 03/27/2014 - 18:54


some states will say that,but others will advocate paying,or trying to pay just the principle.we share that stance,but it all depends.

Sub: #10 posted on Thu, 03/27/2014 - 21:21

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 1.142 seconds.