member profile picture

I just got a letter from National Credit Adjusters collection agency Stating that they purchesed my debt with castle payday loan. Castle is the only one of my pdls that haven't stoped trying... I contacted castle months ago telling them I know there not legal. But now NCA owns the debt now what? I originally owed castle 300$. They wanted 500. Now I owe NCA 710$ please help

Send NCA a debt validation request and a C&D letter. Also make sure that you file complaints against NCA with your AG and the FTC for trying to collect on an illegal loan. They bought 2 of my loans but have done nothing since I sent them my letters.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 07/19/2013 - 08:55

tousi76 tousi76

(Posts: 141 | Credits: 23.33)

just send the DV letter as they can't communicate,or attempt further collections until they can validate(which they can't).either that,or just send the C&D by itself.btw do you owe anything to castle at all?i ask because as we all know you only owe the principle to an illegal lender,and anything debited gets deducted from that.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 07/19/2013 - 18:05

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

I owe them 150$ principal balance. I explained that in my emails 3months ago to castle. They said pay 5 100$ payments and we willl settle my loan was only for 300. They have called 3 relitives now and I have no idea how they got there number!

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 07/20/2013 - 09:56

BlakeInIowa BlakeInIowa

(Posts: 18 | Credits: 2.01)

National credit adjusters are a pain in the _ _ _. You need to send them a cease and desist letter immediately. send it certified mail with a return receipt. Then report them to the FTC.

I have an attorney that is going after these people. they do not play by the rules when it comes to collecting a debt.

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 07/20/2013 - 16:57

prissdakat prissdakat

(Posts: 33 | Credits: 3.4)

I agree.... they are a bunch of nasty people

Sub: #5 posted on Sat, 07/20/2013 - 20:09

bingonut bingonut

(Posts: 1433 | Credits: 168.82)

Dont even bother with a DV...simply send them a cease and desist. They bought an illegal debt that is not enforceable. Simply tell them to get lost.

Sub: #6 posted on Sat, 07/20/2013 - 21:53

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17214 | Credits: 4746.7)

Should the cease and desist be emailed or regular certified mail?

Sub: #7 posted on Fri, 08/02/2013 - 06:28

jayreallyis jayreallyis

(Posts: 13 | Credits: 1.88)

To be safe I'd send it certified for sure. Otherwise, they'll claim they never received anything from you. Send it Certified Return Receipt so you have proof.

Sub: #8 posted on Fri, 08/02/2013 - 07:20

diggerg diggerg

(Posts: 70 | Credits: 8.04)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 2.727 seconds.