member profile picture
Posts: 30
Credits: 1164.05

Does anyone have an example of a letter they've written to a legit PDL saying you were going to pay the principal? Cashnet USA is legal and licensed in my state and I want to pay them what I owe them, but I want it in writing. Thanks!

Moore, I have a letter you can use as a guide on my computer at work...I will post it for you tomorrow if someone else has not come along to help first :D - Roxy

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 05:22

RoxyNY RoxyNY
(Posts: 4178 | Credits: 133.13)

I also need something for CashNet too. I live in Maryland but I know they are a CSO.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 20:21


Sorry for the double post. I thought I was logged in. I need a letter for CashNet as well.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 20:23

tcooks5275 tcooks5275

(Posts: 11 | Credits: 2.33)

Try something along these lines....(I can not get to my directory at work, my USB is not working)


Address of Company

Re: Your account number

Dear Sir:

Due to unfortunate circumstance I am no longer able to meet my current payment schedule and am writing to propose a payment plan so that I may meet my obligation to your company.

I currently owe XXXX . I am proposing to make payments in the ammount of XXX on the following dates XXX, XXX, XXXX.

I am revoking your right to debit my checking account any longer. You, your company, or your affiliates are not authorized to debit my checking account at all. Please be aware that I have informed my financial institution of this situation and they will also be receiving a copy of this correspondence. Any further attempts at debiting my account will be rejected by my financial institution.

Furthermore, I am requesting a physical address to mail payments to, as you are no longer authorized to debit my bank account. I am also requesting contact be made through US Postal mail or email only. I will need everything in writing to keep accurate records of all communication to ensure any agreed upon arrangements are kept.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.


Sub: #4 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 21:57

RoxyNY RoxyNY
(Posts: 4178 | Credits: 133.13)

Thanks Roxy

Sub: #5 posted on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 22:01

tcooks5275 tcooks5275

(Posts: 11 | Credits: 2.33)

I am wondering since I live in PA and pdl's are basically legal if I accept their money and they are licensed, should I close my checking account prior to sending such a correspondence? I have read stories in these forums about these companies changing their name and taking the money anyway...however they can get it. Can someone please help and offer any suggestions or real-life situations? Thank you so much!!!

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 07/08/2008 - 08:49


Before you close your account due to pdl's read the thread titled "closing your account due to pdl's" that will give you a good idea on what to expect.

Unfortunately, these companies due like to change their operating names to try to fool your and your bank on withdrawing the funds. and alot of times are successful in doing so.

In my personal opinion I would close that account and go open a new one at another bank and not release that information to anyone or any company.

Other's will be along to advise you further. Good luck in whatever decision that you decide.

Sub: #7 posted on Tue, 07/08/2008 - 08:56

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: 282.45)

I gave a similar responce in your other post @ Desperate. Sometimes you just have to get to the right person at the bank. Send your C&D letters. If they debit again (they will) go to your bank and do the affadavit. You should get a responce from someone in Bank Operations or the 'ACH dept'. This is who you really want to deal with. They can do all kinds of blocks and such for you that the average teller or even branch manager may not.

I know how it is to be attached to a credit union but I would open another account elsewhere and send my direct deposit there. Another bank or an online FDIC insured debit account like netspend that allows direct deposit and also allows a savings account that earns interest. But I'd prefer just another bank. Be sure to include in your C&D letter that you revoke authorization to the specific account you are using now and any other account in your name at any other financial institution.

Or just open another account at your credit union, send your direct deposit there and have the bank put a hard debit block, 'Y" status or whatever name your bank has for it on the old account. This way ALL activity stops on the old account and you have a safe account at your credit union where you want to stay and you keep your tenure there.

You have options.

Sub: #8 posted on Tue, 07/08/2008 - 22:18


The above appears to be spam. please disregard

Sub: #9 posted on Wed, 07/09/2008 - 03:59

jj jj
(Posts: 1057 | Credits: 107.78)

the above is spam

Sub: #10 posted on Wed, 07/09/2008 - 04:09

jj jj
(Posts: 1057 | Credits: 107.78)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.208 seconds.