member profile picture

I've closed my account. Now, do I need to send these compaines written letters or can it be done through email? Do I give the legal ones my new account information? Can the illegal ones then find out my new account?


Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 12/11/2007 - 19:50

kashzan kashzan

(Posts: 5401 | Credits: 408.31)

Listen to Kash do not ever give out your new information and do not apply for another pdl again because that's how they can get into your new account.

Yes you can communicate through email I did. I also followed up with a written letter if I had a fax number. Make sure that you save any email correspondence that you get from them as proof.


Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 12/11/2007 - 20:08

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: 282.45)

What should the letter say? How do I pay the outstanding balance on the legal ones without them getting my account information?

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 12/11/2007 - 20:21


pay by pre paid visa, money gram or any other method that does not let your personal info out.

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 12/11/2007 - 20:32

kashzan kashzan

(Posts: 5401 | Credits: 408.31)

aman, do you need a letter to use as a "guide" to send to the pdls? When dealing with legal ones, you need to contact them and tell them you no longer have a bank account, so they can no longer debit & you will have to have an alternative way of paying (such as what kash suggested - prepaid card or money orders). With the legal ones, you will just have to set up an alternative meathod of payment, okay? Do not give them your new bank account information (as kash also pointed out). Don't give it to anyone. As far as the illegal ones go, we do have a letter to use as a "guide" that you can send to each one of them. You can email it/fax it/ mail it certified to each pdl. I sent mine every way possible. Make sure you have documentation of EVERYTHING. You will want to do everything in writing so that you have documenation of everything. Telephone calls can not be documented, so try not to speak to these people over the phone. Use email or USPS only. Any questions, just post!

Sub: #5 posted on Wed, 12/12/2007 - 17:53

cannr cannr

(Posts: 9317 | Credits: 1298.44)

I would love a guide to go by. I haven't contacted the legal loan places yet. I am so nervous to do so. I'm afraid of how they will respond. Have you had any experience with this? Also I'm pretty sure I know which are legal in my state and which are not, but I want to make sure. I went to the state website, but cannot find on the site how to figure out if they are legal. Any suggestions?

Sub: #6 posted on Wed, 12/12/2007 - 23:53


Also, the ones I have paid over on, should I make an effort to ask for a refund or am I just wasting my time?

Sub: #7 posted on Wed, 12/12/2007 - 23:56


What companies are you dealing with and what state are you in? We can help tell you if they are legal or not.

Refunds can be hard to get, but it's worth the try. Just know when to accept a PIF and give up on the refund.

Sub: #8 posted on Thu, 12/13/2007 - 00:09

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: 1224.93)

aman, please tell us again what state you're in and the pdls that you have. I can't find the thread that you posted the original information on.

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 12/13/2007 - 01:09

cannr cannr

(Posts: 9317 | Credits: 1298.44)

I live in MN
the ones I think are legal are:
Payday One
CashNet USA

Not sure about these:
MTE Financial
Geneva Roth Cap

Someone told me these were illegal:

Sub: #10 posted on Thu, 12/13/2007 - 06:58


More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.702 seconds.