member profile picture
Posts: 5
Credits: 95.45

I came across this site a month ago when I was looking for a solution to the online payday loan trap I found myself in. I discovered that all of my loans were either offshore or tribal and illegal in my home state of North Carolina. I have followed the steps on this site, but have only gotten 1 paid in full letter from Golden Valley Lending. I have 5 other loans still in dispute and am getting a bit discouraged. First up, I’d like some advice with American Web Loan.

I first received a $1000 loan from AWL in May and made payments totaling $2200 to pay it off. I found myself still in financial trouble and opened another in August for $1100. I have paid $627 towards this loan. When combining the two loans, I have received $2100 in deposits and paid $2827 resulting in a $727 overpayment.

I sent all of this information to American Web Loan – but they never responded to my emails. Instead I kept receiving phone calls on my cell and even at my work. I called back once to request that they not contact me at work. This worked for a week but then they were back at it. I emailed them again stating I would only communicate through email. They continued to call so I filed a complaint with BBB. A resolution specialist called me and I talked to her. She of course said the loan I had was legal and I owed the remaining balance. She made an offer to slightly reduce the balance, but that was it. She said she could not apply the overpayment for my previous loan to the current one. I told her that was bull crap, but she continued to state that I had received false information. She ended the call stating my case would be returned to the recovery department.

I am worried because it sounds like they have some nasty collection practices. Is there anything else I can do now to get this resolved before it gets to that point? Has anyone had any success getting a paid in full from American Web Loan? I know not to expect a refund, but I was really hoping to get a paid in full.

Don’t expect anything from an illegal lender. You owe them nothing more than the principal balance. You can ask them for the refund, but it fully depends on their discretion whether or not to return back your money. But there is high chance that they won’t refund your money. Close down your old bank account and open a new one to stop debiting money from your account. Don’t share any personal information with them.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 10/24/2013 - 10:00


Tough. In all likelihood, you won't get a paid in full letter from them. This resolution specialist just wants to make some quick money. Nothing else.

Sub: #2 posted on Thu, 10/24/2013 - 10:21

ditchdebt ditchdebt

(Posts: 665 | Credits: 253.81)

the resolution sepcialist ditchdebt wanted to try and BS the op into thinking they still owed.nothing more,and to the unregistered above you.stop it.they already closed their account so your advice was AWL is one of the tribal's that is a stone bitch just an FYI.just hang in's not gonna happen quickly although that has happened with some,but those are rare.i fought my illegals for about 18 months to 2 just take time as you have experienced illegals need to plot their moves because the law isn't on their patient it will happen.if the places never contact you then you just move on as it's nice to get an official shouldn't be something you have to have.

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 10/24/2013 - 18:35

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

I have received a call and email today from Andre Watkins in their recovery department stating my account is in default and I must call immediately. I also heard back from the resolution specailist this afternoon in response to my followup BBB complaint. She left a message stating that the extra I paid on my previous loan cannot be applied to my current loan. Should I call back? And I don't owe any more right?

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 01:49

drindebt drindebt

(Posts: 5 | Credits: 0.95)

no do not call these owe nothing more,and all they want is to argue,harrass,and threaten.file a complaint with your state AG if you haven't already.they will do something.

Sub: #5 posted on Fri, 10/25/2013 - 02:29

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15511 | Credits: 1357.03)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.300 seconds.