member profile picture

I have several due to child support not getting paid now im in an ever bigger mess.

I have one with
original amount: 500
paid so far: $864.01
still owe $297.40

original: 550
still owe: 692.00
Paid $90
Still owe $390

and I have 3 others in stores but i dont have that paperwork with me at:
EZMoney I think
First Cash Advance
and I forgot the name of the other one.

PaydayOne last week tried to take the full amount out on an incorrect day completely throwing my bank account into -$900. It then ate up my paycheck which was direct deposit then my bank reversed it and my check ended up covering almost $500 in fees and I still owe on the loan. I need serious help. Im a single mom and I stay up all night trying to figure out how to get out of this.

All help is greatly appreciated!!

Brandym I know this is killimg you but I and many of us on this
site have been through this before.First thing you need to do
is close your bank account.But before make sure you understand the policies for your bank.You can read up on the
banking regs inthis forum about closing your account.I got
in trouble with my bank because the pdl's put my account
into a negative.I still opened another account successfully
at another bank.Aswell if your employer can stop your direct
deposit and give you a hard check at least you will have
control of your money.Again read up in the community about
what others have done.hopefully someone will be by to give
some better advice.there is a lot of us in your shoes.Hang in
there you will get through this.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 07/23/2008 - 09:13

stevekathy4867 stevekathy4867

(Posts: 68 | Credits: 26.96)

steveandkathy have you given you excellent advice. Make sure that you read up on the sticky on closing your account due to the pdl's so you understand it completely.

Also please list what state you are from and someone will be by to post your laws for you. Try to get a new account opened up at a totally different bank and do not give that info out to any place or anyone asap in case you are reported for nsf's to chexsystems (that's another nightmare in itself)

Hang in there you have come to the right place for help:)

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 07/23/2008 - 09:20

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: 282.45)

Payday One is a CSO in Texas, so they are legal and you will need to make payment arrangements with them. The storefronts are also going to be legal, so you will also have to work something out with them. These companies can take steps to collect on this debt, so you need to keep up communication with them, and set up payment plans that you can keep.

ameriloan and Payday Max are not legal. You would only owe them principle.

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 07/23/2008 - 19:19

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: 1224.93)

So the ones that are illegal I saw you guys send them a letter. Where can I get a copy of the letter and how long does it take to get rid of these if Ive already paid back enough to cover the principal?

Sub: #4 posted on Wed, 07/23/2008 - 22:04


I can't help you with a copy of a letter, but if you search on the forums you will find some examples.

As for how long it takes, it depends. This is not a quick fix. Sometimes you will get a PIF right away, other times it can take months. You have to put in the work to get the results.

Sub: #5 posted on Wed, 07/23/2008 - 22:22

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: 1224.93)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.213 seconds.