member profile picture
Posts: 24
Credits: 534.9

I was informed today by my employer that Western Sky/Cash Call sent in a employment verification form to start the garnishing of my wages. My employer sent the form back.  The sent it through a collection agency called NRS, LLC.

I know they are an illegal company and I only have to pay the principal. Will they really garnish my wages? What should my next step be in this process? How long before garnishment will happen? I am at a loss and not sure what to do.


Western Sky/Cash Call is an illegal lender. You owe principal only. Don’t worry, illegal lender can’t do anything. They won’t be able to garnish your wages. They are trying to scare you. File a complaint against them to the SAG or FTC and close down your old bank account immediately.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 01/09/2013 - 11:45


They have to take you to court for a garnishment to happen.. they can't just send in a form and get it done.. why did your employer send it back to them? Have you been served with a court summons? How long since you sent WS/CC your letter revoking ACH authorization, just curious since I am still getting letters from them to try to get me to modify my loan with them.. 

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 01/09/2013 - 17:55

HelpinAZ HelpinAZ
(Posts: 1873 | Credits: 288.09)

It was just a verification of employment form that they sent back. I did not have to sign anything. They put on the form my hire date and that I was working there. It is my employers policy to not give any wage or salary information. I have not paid them since March of last year. I don't know what kind of letter to send them since it was already turned over to a collection agency

Sub: #3 posted on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 09:12

josulo josulo

(Posts: 24 | Credits: 5.35)

you get any info from your employer about this bottomfeeder,and file AG,AND FTC complaints(make sure to point out to the ftc that this is cashcall)and really take your employer to task as they are not obligated to honor that at all.

Sub: #4 posted on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 19:19

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15506 | Credits: 1356.56)

How do I go ahead to file these complaints

Sub: #5 posted on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 21:30

josulo josulo

(Posts: 24 | Credits: 5.35)

When making your complaints, especially to the FTC, make sure to reference the stipulation in place in the FTC v. Payday Financial, et al (Western Sky Financial).  I read it again last night and it goes for not only WS but also anyone who services/collects on the debt which would mean CC.  The only way we are ever going to make any progress is to report, report, and report again.  I would also send WS and CC a letter reiterating that you revoke any and all wage assignments that you may have signed and that you prohibit them from contacting your employer, your references, etc. 

Sub: #6 posted on Thu, 01/10/2013 - 23:52

momofthree27 momofthree27

(Posts: 358 | Credits: 46.66)

I have sent them an email stating that I am recoking all wage assignments and ACH withdrawls. I have also filed a complaint with the FTC and my AG. One more question, where can I get the form to give to my employer to stop them from giving them any further information

Sub: #7 posted on Fri, 01/11/2013 - 02:30

josulo josulo

(Posts: 24 | Credits: 5.35)

A copy of the letter you sent to them should work - it states that you are revoking ACH and wage assignment.. your employer can not give out your information with out your consent - unless it is for debt to the government like taxes or student loans - I just verified this like 10 minutes ago with my own payroll department.. Let them know that you have been a victim of fraud and you need to be alerted if anything does come in so that you can report to the FTC.. 

Sub: #8 posted on Fri, 01/11/2013 - 03:32

HelpinAZ HelpinAZ
(Posts: 1873 | Credits: 288.09)

So I recevied another call/message from Ms. McCarty at NRS, llc yesterday stating they have talked to the person that from my employer who signed the form and that there is a 72 hour turn around for this to start. I proceeded to call the FTC and my AG regarding this and they all said that there has to be a judgement against me in court for them to start teh process and that I should have received papers in the mail. They didn't really give me any help regarding the next step after it goes to collection agency. I tried to have them help me figure out how to stop this from proceeding and all they woudl tell me is that I should get an attorney. I cannot afford an attorney and am at a loss of what to do now.

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 09:32

josulo josulo

(Posts: 24 | Credits: 5.35)

I would call the local courts and see if their is a suit filed first, if not they are breaking the law.. I know that in the stickys in the top of the forums there is a thread by Waffles on how to deal with collections agencies - I would look there. 

Sub: #10 posted on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 17:42

HelpinAZ HelpinAZ
(Posts: 1873 | Credits: 288.09)

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.767 seconds.