Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

Pay Day Loan Help - ALABAMA ( GRAYSVILLE )

member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 269.95

Hello everyone. I had about 6 Internet payday loans that I were between $100-$250 each principle. My bank account was closed because my check book actually got stolen while I was traveling, so my bank opened a new account for me. This was back in May/June.

My state info says PDLs are legal and "Criminal Action: Prohibited (Unless check returned due to closed account)"

What do I do? I'm in ALABAMA - GRAYSVILLE . I don't want to go to jail for this!! Please I need all the info I can get.:confused:

HEre are the lenders. Sorry if some of the company names aren't exact:

Prestige Group Marketing 200
Ameriloan 150
Pack Management 200
United Cash Loans150
Check n Go 240
Sigma 200
YellowDale 200

It is true that payday lending is legal in your state. As your account has been closed due to a particular reason, you should contact all the payday lenders and inform them about it. Moreover, this is not a criminal offense, so no one can take you to jail for this.

You should contact the Alabama Banking Department in order to find out whether or not all your payday lenders are licensed to operate in your state. As far as the unlicensed ones are concerned, pay them the principal amount and get rid of them. They won't be able to take any legal actions against you. As far as the licensed payday lenders are concerned, you can set a payment plan with them and pay them off. You must be opening a new account after you've closed the old one. You can issue fresh checks to them for your payments.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 08/30/2011 - 08:26

Anna Sweeting Anna Sweeting

(Posts: 1827 | Credits: 385.61)

Ameriloan, Pack management, United Cash Loans are not legal companies. You should pay only the principal amount to these lenders. Nothing else.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 08/30/2011 - 10:36

nandydiana nandydiana

(Posts: 114 | Credits: 89.87)

I agree with my previous posters. If you have already paid more than the principal amount to the illegal lenders, then ask them for the refund. You can glance through the following link to know more about how to deal with illegal lenders: dl-dealings.html

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 08/30/2011 - 12:06

sally.nachelle sally.nachelle

(Posts: 275 | Credits: 143.47)

Thanks so much for the answers.

I went to the site and unless the companies are operating under different names, only Check n Go is licensed in Alabama.

Sub: #4 posted on Thu, 09/01/2011 - 10:26

Collics Collics

(Posts: 2 | Credits: 2.7)

Call the toll free number on Check 'N Go's website. They will help you set up a repayment plan you can afford. Pay them via money order or with a prepaid debit card. Do NOT give them your new account info. Just a safety precaution.

Sub: #5 posted on Thu, 09/01/2011 - 18:58

OhioGal1 OhioGal1
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 5254 | Credits: 830.29)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.839 seconds.