Debt Consolidation Forums Payday Loan help forums

payday loan help in Louisiana

member profile picture
Posts: 22
Credits: 664.5

Hello all,

I have several pdl's outstanding. Some are in control, others are not. Any advice on how to get out of this cycle would be greatly appreciated.

cash transfer center/northway credit $300 not made a payment yet whole amt plus fees due 11/1

cash central $600 $450 so far fees only

one click cash $150 $370 paid $95 left

netcash usa $350 $420 so far

cashnetusa $150 $65 this week

paydayone $100 $60

fastwire $300 paying last payment of $90 this week

VC funding $250 paid $300 so far

and lastly the one that got away from me that I just basically forgot about

Sagamore $ 250 paid $ 2325 so far

the ones in bold I can handle or are almost finished with

Any advice is much appreciated

You will find the Payday loan laws for Louisiana here (just select your state), dls-laws.html

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 22:04

kashzan kashzan

(Posts: 5401 | Credits: 408.31)

Thank you, I looked up this info earlier and am in the process of seeing what my options are.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 22:10

pattonave pattonave

(Posts: 22 | Credits: 6.65)

Are all of your loans internet?
Please read the sticky regarding closing your checking account. That should be your first step.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 22:20

kashzan kashzan

(Posts: 5401 | Credits: 408.31)

yes sorry, they are all internet.

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 22:21

pattonave pattonave

(Posts: 22 | Credits: 6.65)

would it be possible to put a hard debit block on just two of the companies ( i.e. sagamore and VC funding) while keeping teh rest open so I can pay them off ?

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 10/30/2007 - 22:53

pattonave pattonave

(Posts: 22 | Credits: 6.65)

Nope. Just being honest. These pdls will use various names, dates, and amounts and hit your account. They will find a way to debit. If they can't get through with ACH, they will then send through an electronic check. Let me tell you right now, Cash Transfer Centers does a "wage assignment". You need to type up a very fast letter revoking any wage assignment you have signed with them. They will send it to your employer in a heartbeat and have the money taken out of your check. Now, wage assignments are voluntary; however, a lot of employers are not educated. Type up a quick letter stating you revoke any and all wage assignments with Cash Transfer Centers, their partners, or any affiliates. Type your name. Email it/fax it/mail it certified. Keep a copy. Give a copy to your payroll person. They LOVE to send out wage assignments. Cover your butt with them.

Sub: #6 posted on Wed, 10/31/2007 - 10:10

cannr cannr

(Posts: 9317 | Credits: 1298.43)

Follow cannr's advice. Do not hesitate in notifying them of this do it asap.


Sub: #7 posted on Wed, 10/31/2007 - 10:14

ladybug ladybug

(Posts: 2757 | Credits: 282.44)

One Click Cash is illegal. Go to the State of Nebraska website, Department of Banking and Finance, Print a copy of the Cease and Desist letter, and send it with a letter you write stating you know they are illegal, and not to debit your account. I did this, and I also told them I would not pay them anything else. I haven't heard back from them. But when I do, I am ready for a fight. Also, since you reside in Louisiana they MUST follow the Louisiana laws.

Sub: #8 posted on Wed, 11/14/2007 - 20:16

whitenan whitenan

(Posts: 8 | Credits: 3.29)

Also, check out the Payday Loan law made simple sticky. Whitenan has provided me with an email from the LA DFI that is now posted there.

Sub: #9 posted on Wed, 11/14/2007 - 20:48

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: 1224.9)

Nice,this should help a lot.


Sub: #10 posted on Wed, 11/14/2007 - 22:57


More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 2.199 seconds.