AMO Recoveries - What allegations have people made against them?
Asset Management Outsourcing, Inc. also known as AMO Recoveries, is a collection agency providing strategic accounts receivable management services. The company has its corporate office located in Norcross, GA.
AMO Recoveries - Complaints and solutions to the problems
Despite a good BBB rating, consumers do have a number of complaints against this collection agency (CA). Based on the AMO Recoveries Inc. reviews shared by members and guests in the DebtCC forums, a few such consumer complaints against AMO Recoveries Inc. have been given below:
- Collection of bills already paid off: A consumer complains that the CA came after him in 2007 to collect a bill he had already paid off in 2005! He sent them documents several times to prove that the bill had been paid off, but the CA would not just listen to that! Read more.
This is a common complaint consumers have against collection agencies. In order to avoid this situation, it's important that you keep the proof of your payments handy. Unless you have the documents to prove that you've paid off the debt, the collection agency will keep coming after you and will force you to make payments again!
- Unauthorized withdrawal of money: A person alleges that AMO collections took his debit card information and debited his checking account for $421 without his permission! Check out more.
If the CA debits your account without your prior authorization, you should contact your bank and check out if the transaction can be reversed. Most importantly, you must close the account to avoid further withdrawals. To avoid such a situation in future, you should never disclose your bank account details to the CA.
- Collection of false debts: A person says that AMO Recovery Services claimed that he owed $400 on a Discover account. But he says that he never had any sort of Discover account. He also says that CA did this for a second time. They had once tried to collect an auto loan which he never took! Get the details.
Whenever the CA contacts you to collect an account which you don't quite recall, ask them to validate it. CAs are often accused of collecting debts which are past the Statute of Limitations or which never even existed. A validation will prove whether or not you legally owe the debt.
- Calling at place of work: People have accused this collection agency of violating the FDCPA laws by calling them at their place of work. One such consumer says that he kept getting harassing calls from the CA even after he told them to not do so. They even called his co-worker and also threatened the consumer of wage garnishment. Know more.
The FDCPA laws clearly state that the CA cannot call you at your place of work if your office policies do not allow so. If they contact you while you're at work, communicate with them in writing and ask them to stop calling you. If they still call your office, you can take legal action against them for the FDCPA violation.
- Rude behavior of representatives: Some consumers have complained that the company representatives often behave rudely with them. One such person says an AMO collections representative was rude with him when he contacted the company regarding a discrepancy on the account statement. Know in details.
Even if you owe the debt, the CA representatives cannot talk to you disrespectfully. In case they do, record the call for an evidence and take legal action against them. If your state laws do not allow such recording, inform the representative that you're going to record the call, at the start of the conversation.
- Making false promise for settlement: A person says that he settled a Verizon bill with AMO Recoveries a few years back. But when he applied for a new loan, he found out that the debt still shows on his credit report. When he contacted AMO Recoveries Inc. as to why it is still there even though he had settled it with them, he was given a run-around. He says the company lied to him and never settled the account after he had paid them. Learn more...
It often happens that people agree to settle an unpaid account with the CA verbally. Once it is paid off, the CA comes back again to collect it. You can avoid being ripped off this way, provided you insist on a written agreement from the CA. Do not make a single payment to them unless they give you something in writing. Otherwise, you'd have nothing to prove that you indeed settled the account.
Asset Management Outsourcing, Inc. contact details:
You can get in touch with AMO collection agency using the following information:
Address: 5655, Peachtree Parkway, Suite 213, Norcross, GA 30092.
Phone number: 678-259-9600