DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

MCYDSNB listing - How do I take it off my credit report?

If you find MCYDSNB listed on your credit report, it means you may have taken a store credit card from Macy's Department Store National Bank or any of the department stores acquired by Macy's.

What is MCYDSNB?

MCYDSNB or Macy's Department Store National Bank is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was formerly known as Federated Department Stores, Inc. Macy's provides its customers with store credit cards. When you obtain Macy's store card, the company may offer you a Visa card along with it. Macy's is also the owner of other departmental stores such as:

• Kauffmann's
  • L.S.Ayres
  • Bon Marche
  • Bloomingdale's
  • Strawbridge's

What if MCYDSNB is listed on my credit report?

If MCYDSNB is listed on your credit report, you need to check the balance shown along with it. If it is "0" balance, then it implies that you don't owe money to Macy's or any store it owns. You can then call their representative at 1-800-627-2909 and request him to close your account.

In case you haven't yet paid off the balance on Macy's store card, then you may negotiate a payment plan with the creditor. Or else, you may settle the debt for less than the amount you owe. Use sample debt settlement letters to negotiate a settlement with your creditors.

What if I'm not sure that I owe the debt?

If you're not sure as to whether you owe money to MCYDSNB, request the creditor to validate your debt. Send them a debt validation letter through certified mail with return receipt requested. If the creditor sends you enough proof of the debt, then you need to pay off the dues. It will prevent late fees from incurring on your account. Moreover, it can save you from any legal action being taken by the creditor.

What should I do if MCYDSNB is an incorrect listing?

If you have not opened an account with Macy's Credit Services or any of its acquired stores, then you can request the creditor to remove the listing from your report. Alternatively, you can talk to the credit bureau in order to take off the listing. Use a sample letter to remove listing to send in a written request to the bureaus.

If you wish to talk to the Credit Services Department at Macy's in order to negotiate your debt or remove an account listing, call 1(877)493-9207 or send in a mail at the following address:

Macy's Credit and Customer Service
PO Box 8113
Mason Ohio 45040

member profile picture

Do you know what MCYDSNB stands for? This company account appeared on my credit report; however, I paid this account in full some time ago, and I would like to write to this company to ask them to close this account so it reflects as such on my report. Thank you!

Jessi
Credits: 26958.65

Sub: #1 mcydsnb - macys credit card
Wed, 03/08/2006 - 11:52

Pretty sure that's Macy's. You can get their credit information number on the Macys website.

Unregistered

Sub: #2 MCYDSNB shows up in my credit report
Wed, 04/05/2006 - 19:18

Im confused,MCYDSNB shows up in my credit report I wonder if it has something to do whith my Burdines card I closed almost 2 years ago.

stanley

Debt Samaritan
Credits: 2396.15

Sub: #3 If mcydsnb entry is wrong then dispute the credit bureau
Thu, 04/06/2006 - 11:54

You can dispute any incorrect item (like MCYDSNB) on your credit report. Please visit the Credit Repair forum for more information.

Unregistered

Sub: #4 MCYDSNB - What/Who is this?
Wed, 04/12/2006 - 07:55

MCYDSNB / VISDSNB also appeared on my credit report. I have no idea who this is. Also, no phone number listed either. My supposed account hasn't had a balance since 10/01, but appears to still be open and and current. I am disputing it.

Jessi
Credits: 26958.65

Sub: #5 Department stores of Macys can also be reported as MCYDSNB
Wed, 04/12/2006 - 08:13

Macys has bought a few other deparment stores, so it may be showing as MCYDSNB for macy's if you've had an account with Kauffmans, or some other stores.

Unregistered

Sub: #6 macys and federated department stores, reason for mcydsnb
Sun, 06/04/2006 - 18:50

Reason for MCYDSNB in your report - It's a Macy's (Federated Dept. Stores) credit card and could be from any one of the stores Federated owns.

Unregistered

Sub: #7 Wanna remove MCYDSNB
Sun, 06/18/2006 - 11:37

Who and where is this company located? I want to remove MCYDSNB. Surely if Experian Credit Agency can verify the account as accurate- Someone please tell me their phone number.

Unregistered

Sub: #8 Macy's credit cards - call to remove MCYDSNB
Mon, 06/26/2006 - 12:56

Financial Administrative and Credit serrvices Group
9111 Duke Blvd
Mason Ohio
513-398-5221

Call above. I just spoke to them regarding what I discovered was a stand alone visa card issued by them which made MCYDSNB appear on my credit report .
Apparantly when Stern's went bankrupt and I turned down Macy's, they gave me a stand alone visa and transferred my credit history to that card. Seems to be very strange business practice by Macy's. My card was inactive for 5 yrs and they closed it, Fortunately it was with a good credit.

hth,
Debby

Unregistered

Sub: #9 MCYDSNB
Wed, 07/19/2006 - 15:25

MCYDSNB - this is only blemish on my credit report. The card has been closed for a couple years and I even requested further investigation that was overruled. My advice, warn your friends not to use Macy's credit cards.

Unregistered

Sub: #10 Avoid macys cards to avoid MCYDSNB on report
Wed, 07/19/2006 - 16:10

Why we should all AVOID these cards in the future to avoid MCYDSNB on report...here's a good article on the subject:

finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/millionaire/1730

Add new comment

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 0.490 seconds.