DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

"recent payment" on CR

member profile picture

I have an old account that I disputed - paid off all byt the $560 that I never charged. Of course with interest since last activity in 2003 it is reported as much more. Chcked my credit report today and it lists a "recent payment" of $70 a few months ago. I read somewhere that creditors can record a non-existent payment to keep the SOL from going into effect.
Should I contact Experian or the creditor (actually there have been 4 different junk buyers holding this acct the past 3 years!)


Posts: 4859
Credits: 42498.5

Sub: #1 Please go to and get a copy of all th
Mon, 04/16/2007 - 17:09

Please go to and get a copy of all three of your reports. Once this is done,you will have a starting point to begin a fix.

Posts: 433
Credits: 2785

Sub: #2 If you have never done a payment on the date mentioned by the cr
Mon, 04/16/2007 - 17:09

If you have never done a payment on the date mentioned by the creditor, dispute it with the credit bureau and request to investigate with the creditor. Your credit file should show the accurate status of all the accounts. You may speed up the dispute process by sending a copy to the credit company reporting to the bureaus.

Add new comment

More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.433 seconds.