DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

ACS INC - What strategies should you adopt to avoid being scammed?

A lot of consumers have complained in the forum that they've received threatening phone calls from ACS INC. The company has threatened to press criminal charges against several forum members. Some members have even faced lawsuit threats from this company.

ACS INC – Is it a scam company and how should you deal with them?

The general opinion of the forum members is that ACS INC is a scam company. In fact, several consumers have been scammed by this company. Read below to know how this company tries to scam consumers.

• Threatens to send you jail: A community member claimed that ACS INC called him and threatened to send him jail. The member was asked to meet the company representative at the court.
  • Does not give any proof: A forum member said that someone called Richard Wilson asked him to pay $300. Richard refused to show any paper or give any information to the forum member. Rather, Richard asked him to check out a law website.
  • Gives fake identity: The company has claimed that they are affiliated with Cooper's Law Firm, which is completely non-existent. Moreover, they demand different amount at various points of time. When the consumers ask them to give any information, the company claims that they're collecting information and not vice versa.
  • Calls regarding invalid debt: ACS INC calls consumers and their relatives regarding illegitimate debts. The caller has a heavy middle accent. The fax number is also wrong.
  • Make incessant calls: A community member received harassing calls from this company in every 30 seconds at office. Everyone was bothered by those calls – from coworkers to manager. The member got respite from the calls after making some legal threats.
  • Press charges for check fraud: A community member was asked to pay for paid off debt. The member was asked to pay $700. He did pay $400 in 2 installments. Thereafter, the member stopped making payments as he didn't have money. The company immediately increased the amount and threatened to press charges for check fraud against him.
  • Acts as a federal agent: The company acts as a representative of the federal government and threatens to bring federal charges against consumers. The company representative calls relatives of the consumer and talks in a profane language.
  • Threatens to sue relatives: It is not that the company threatens to file a lawsuit only against the consumer. ACS INC threatens to sue the relatives of the consumer as well.
  • Calls the employer several times: As per a senior forum member, this company has no scruples. The forum member received several calls from this company. The member was instructed to pass on the message to the employees. The member refused to do so.
  • Asks to reveal your debit card number: A community member received a call from someone called Louis Vinson. The guy claimed that the member owed $345 to Cash Advance America. The community member didn't owe any money and so avoided revealing the fax number. Louis got very angry and threatened to take the matter to court.

How should you deal with ACS INC?

Here are the few steps that you can take to deal with ACS INC when they try to scam you.

• Register a formal complaint: If the company has scammed you or tried to scam you, then file a complaint with the BBB or FTC or State Attorney General. Give full details of the complaint. Make sure you mention when you received the collection calls.
  • Send a letter: Send a letter to the company and tell them that you would press felony charges against them if they continue to harass you or your relatives regarding an invalid debt.
  • Call them back: You can call the collectors back and harass them instead. This is what a forum member did when she received a call from this company. She received a call from someone called Cynthia Harris. When Cynthia asked her name, the forum member said that her name was Cynthia Harris. She kept on repeating the same name till Cynthia Harris got fed up.
  • Have a talk with your attorney: If you're unsure or you've any doubt, then discuss the matter with your attorney. He can tell you if it is a scam. You can know about the steps that you need to take to protect yourself.

Be careful if you receive phone calls from ACS INC. Don't get scared just because this company knows various things about you. Handle them tactfully and get legal help if they try to scam you.

Unregistered
member profile picture

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and today I recieved a call from "ACS Inc" an "affadavit Service" they gave me the old pay us $725 or we will take you to court tomorrow (apparently they dont realize how slowly our court system works) and I would be arrested and criminal chanrges would be brought against me.

My guess is that Route 66 and Big-int are behind this. Please confirm if you have recieved a call from 646-810-8625 or518-533-5448.

They are overseas and have a heavy middle eastern accent. I did a ip lookup on the email I had them sent me because I played along and it is routed from Europe to Pakistan. FYI they certainly are not lawyers and wouldnt direct me to McDonalds.com for their address or have an email address of ACSINC[at]mail.com. Idiots, hope no one falls for this. Bet they do get some people though.

SC

Credits: 36402.4

Sub: #1 Thanks for the updates guest. Yeah, you're right that no crimi
Thu, 01/28/2010 - 01:44

Thanks for the updates guest.

Yeah, you're right that no criminal charges can be pressed against one for failing to pay a debt. This is only scare tactics. People can read more about these scare tactics in the following link.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/paydayloan/scare-tac tics.html

Unregistered

Sub: #2 answer to thread
Tue, 03/23/2010 - 07:05

Yes I have gotten a call from 646-810-8625 and have ignored it they came at me with you will go to jail and I had to meet them in court to answer the charges is this really a scam?

Unregistered

Sub: #3 I also got a call from ACS Inc, to call them at (772) 934-8008.
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 21:15

I also got a call from ACS Inc, to call them at (772) 934-8008. Had to change my phone numbers and place passcodes on all my current accounts along with placing fraud alerts. Nice to have this confirmed this iscoming from overseas.

Unregistered

Sub: #4 I was called last week by a guy named Richard Wilson by 2 number
Mon, 04/26/2010 - 17:20

I was called last week by a guy named Richard Wilson by 2 numbers 561-210-4185 and 772-934-8008 stating that I needed to pay 300.00 and if i didn't pay i was going to go to court. I asked for proof and they said that everything is paperless. that they dont have any information to give me. Then I said if you dont have any information to give me then who does he said" the only way you could find out this is information is by a lawsite" I said ok then good luck with that beacause this is a scam.

Unregistered

Sub: #5 They have been calling me 3-4 times a day threatening me! I fin
Tue, 05/11/2010 - 14:10

They have been calling me 3-4 times a day threatening me! I finally got out of them that they are affiliated with a law firm in Seattle, WA. The law firm, Cooper's Law Firm is non-extistant! ONe time when they call I owe $700, the next time is $2000 and the next time is $501. When I asked for information, they told me that they didn't have to give me any information that THEY were they ones collecting information! They then hung up on me!
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!! They are VERY persistent!

Unregistered

Sub: #6 I to got a call from Danny Johnson about the same scam, the fax
Thu, 05/27/2010 - 06:52

I to got a call from Danny Johnson about the same scam, the fax number is 646-224-9889 this is a New York city area code. They told me I owe $537.00 for an outstanding debt, this is a real scam, please don't anyone fall for this. If you do get a call from these people, drill them with questions.

Shazzers

Credits: 159278.85

Sub: #7 Quote:Originally Posted by AnonymousI to got a call from Danny J
Thu, 05/27/2010 - 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted byAnonymous
I to got a call from Danny Johnson about the same scam, the fax number is 646-224-9889 this is a New York city area code. They told me I owe $537.00 for an outstanding debt, this is a real scam, please don't anyone fall for this. If you do get a call from these people, drill them with questions.

Please file complaints with the FTC, BBB and your AG, make sure you detail the complaint and include the phone number from where you received the call, you might also want to contact your phone provider and complaint to them also.

Unregistered

Sub: #8 I have received numerous calls from a Justin Luther and Brian Ta
Wed, 06/16/2010 - 17:55

I have received numerous calls from a Justin Luther and Brian Taylor from a company called ACS.....they have repeatedly called my family, myself, and a friend of mine trying to contact me. They want me to settle on an account for $472 which I have played in to but after seeing these blogs I am extremely concerned because the fax number I have been given is only 1 number off from the one provided to "anonymous". Another number they tell me to call is 917-284-9293 but when I look it up, there are no yellow page listings for this number. Does anyone have advice for me?

Unregistered

Sub: #9 Scam
Wed, 06/16/2010 - 18:48

I have gotten repeated phone calls regarding an "overdue debt" in the amount of $472. The gentlemen that have called me are Justin Luther and Brian Taylor...neither of which speak english as their primary language. I started to fall in to their trap but at the last minute, decided to check into them more. The fax number they would like the documents faxed to is 646-224-9884 which is only 4 numbers off from that of a previous blog post. I called the FTC as well as the Attorney General's office to report them. I also sent them instead of signed documents, a letter telling them that if they contacted my cell phone, family, or place of employment again, felony charges would be rendered against them......Mr. Taylor phoned me back and once I told him what I sent, he said "get lost" and hung up.....there's my answer!!!!

Unregistered

Sub: #10 Ive been getting harassing calls from "Robin Smith" from ACS for
Wed, 07/28/2010 - 17:33

Ive been getting harassing calls from "Robin Smith" from ACS for over a week. That is until today @ work when he called me literally every 30 seconds. About 4 of my coworkers, including a manager, got on the phone to battle with him. He finally stopped calling when we told him he was reported to our AG Martha Coakley, the police dept(which I did call) and started rattling of some laws and regs here in theUSA. I called my bank and they said they are fully aware of this scam and have it on high alert with the fraud dept and they WILL NOT be able to withdraw from my acct. Tell them to F%$K off if they call and harrass people in their OWN DAMN COUNTRY!!!!!

Add new comment

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 0.481 seconds.