Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

Collections Agency bought SOL Debt, Now on my Report too

Unregistered
member profile picture

Hello,

I had a Credit Card debt that went to collections. The last payment was on May 4 2009. The debt was sold to Midland Funding on 11/2013. They have not posted a negative report to the 3 Reporting Agencies. Can I dispute this to have it removed?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: They have now*

PS. This is in CA with a 4 year Statute of Limitations.

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 03/10/2014 - 23:10

Unregistered

how did you find out that midland bought it?if they sent a letter send a c&d letter as it is past SOL.also dispute the entry.now did they re-age the debt?meaning since the last payment was may 2009 it should have a dropoff date of nov 2016 as it stays 7.5 yrs from the date of last payment.if midland's entry shows a later dropoff then they re-aged it,and you should look into legal action as that is illegal.

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 03/10/2014 - 23:54

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15506 | Credits: 1356.56)

Thanks Paul,

It shows on my credit report from the credit card company as "Transferred to another lender or claim purchased". Then Midland has a date opened as 11/1/2013. So I would assume that they re-aged the debt.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 03/11/2014 - 01:02

Unregistered

that could be the date they acquired it.what dropoff date is there?again it should show around nov 2016.if it is later than that then yes they re-aged it,and they should have to answer for it in court.

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 03/11/2014 - 03:19

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15506 | Credits: 1356.56)

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 1.151 seconds.