The Takhar Group is an association of companies that provide account receivable management services through Takhar Collection Services Ltd. They are a third party collection agency (CA) engaged in the purchase and liquidation of charged-off debt accounts. If you want to know what are the common complaints of the people against Takhar Group, glance through the sections below:
Why do people have complaints against them?
There are scores of consumer complaints against Takhar Group. Some of the consumers who were harassed by this collection agency have shared their experience with the DebtCC community. These are only a few of the complaints consumers on our forums have against them:
- They call about nonexistent debts: One consumer has complained that Takhar Collections claimed he owed a past due account from a particular company. But, he said, he never had any account with that company, and the debt was absolutely fake. Find out more.
- They call the wrong people: This CA is accused of making collection calls to the wrong people. One person said he received several calls from this company looking for people he did not even know. Get the details.
- They collect bills already paid off: One person alleged that the CA came after him to collect an old bill that he had paid off. He had the canceled check to prove that the debt was paid off, but Takhar Group collections kept calling him to collect the debt! Check out his story.
- They refuse to provide proof of the debt: One consumer said that the CA tried to collect a debt from him, but when he asked them to provide proof of the debt, they refused to send him anything in writing. Read in detail.
- They call people at workplace: One employer says Takhar Group collection agency was making annoying calls, looking for one of his employees. He told them to not call his office, but they kept calling. Find out more.
So, there has been a number of complaints against Takhar Group collection services, accusing them of collecting debts that are not only paid off, but are also fake! But how do you know if they are collecting a valid debt? Check out the section below to learn how you can find out whether the debt they are trying to collect is valid.
How do you know if the CA is collecting a valid debt?
The FDCPA allows you to ask for a validation of the debt the CA is trying to collect from you. You need to send the collection agency a debt validation letter within 30 days of the first time they call you. The CA can collect the debt only if they can validate it with proper documentation. If they cannot provide proper documentation, the debt will be considered as invalid.
What should you consider as proper validation?
Many collection agencies do not have any evidence to validate the debt. They often have only the most basic information about you and the amount of the debt. Thus, they tend to send you false documents for validation. They may send you a simple paper with "validation of debt" written on it or a computer generated form that looks like a billing statement. But this does not qualify as proper validation. The CA should provide you with documentation from the original creditor. A proper validation should include a copy of original agreement signed between you and the creditor, a copy of account statements or payment history from the original creditor, etc.
The CA should also provide you with details of the amount you owe in interest, fees, etc. and let you know how these fees and charges are calculated. You should not acknowledge that you owe the debt until the CA validates it properly. If you start paying them before they validate, it will be considered as an acknowledgement that you owe the debt or it may restart the Statute of Limitations (SOL) on the debt.
You can contact Takhar Group collection services at the following address and phone number:
Takhar Group address:
1623, Military Road, Suite 537, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Takhar Group phone number: 1-888-246-3871