Inter Next Technologies, Inc., Internet Marketing Services, Reno, NV
DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Summons for debt past SOL

member profile picture

Received a summons for a credit card debt that went into collections over 10 1/2 years ago. State of Indiana SOL is 6 years. This debt is so old that it doesn't even show on my credit reports. I answered the summons truthfully, with most responses being that I deny due to lacking sufficient knowledge after all it is going on 11 years since it first went delinquent. Now I wait and hope that it gets dismissed. But if it should go further, how do I prove that this is beyond the SOL when it does not show up on my credit reports? It does not show up on credit reports from 1 1/2 years ago as well. I am really tired of dealing with these lawyers from Wright and Lerch. They pulled this 1 1/2 years ago and it never got any further after I responded to the summons. I'd like to get it stopped permanently. They are working on behalf of LVNV. What about filing a complaint? I realize they are just trying to find a "sucker" who is willing to pay up, but I have better things to do with my time than waste it on the likes of them.

Total Replies: 1

Appear in court and claim that the debt is time barred. Your card statements and billing information that your creditor brings along will be proof enough. Ask for validation during discovery.

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 02/25/2013 - 19:24

Steve Barris Steve Barris

(Posts: 1045 | Credits: 19803.25)

Add new comment

More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.038 seconds.