member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 249.15

[SIZE=3]I recently was informed that my wages were about to be garnished at work. I had no idea why because I never received any paperwork prior.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I went to court to fight the garnishment and found out it was from a credit card my ex-wife had many years ago (At least 10 years).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I don’t think I was a co-signer on the card and calling the bank gets me no info (Citibank) because they say they sold the account.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I found out it was then sold a second time to yet another credit debit collector and that is the one that has the judgment now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I believe they must have served someone at an old address but that never made it to me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I was able to stop the garnishment because I currently pay child support and pay more to support the kids than my ex-wife does.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]So now I have it on my credit report and I want it off. I asked them to fax me the paperwork showing I am on the account and they have yet to do so.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Either way according to the court I don’t have to pay until I no longer have to pay for my kids support (another 15 years!).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]They offered a settlement of 6k off of the original 12k but I don’t think I owe them a penny.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I would consider paying $500 just to make them get rid of all this since I’m sure a lawyer will cost me more but I don’t think they will take that little.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Any ideas on what rights I have in this case.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I looked up the law office online and they are a bunch of scumbags that have plenty of cases against them for bullying people for money.[/SIZE]

Go thru the county court where the judgment was filed and look up when and how you were served. You may be able to get the judgement set aside for lack of service. Once set aside, they would not be able to refile since it is past the SOL>

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 03/29/2011 - 07:39

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17209 | Credits: 4746.14)

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post
counsellor LIVE CHAT
Illegal wage garnishment?
Do you want to recover your money?

We Can Help You

Page loaded in 1.074 seconds.