Verification of debt VS Validation of debt
This now has me wondering.
What is the difference between Verification of a debt versus the Validation of a debt?
I sent a letter to NAFS, asking for Validation of the claim they were making. I got a reply back, stating that Verification was enclosed.
In my letter, I specifically stated:
Please provide me with the following:
1. What the money you say I owe is for
2. Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe
3. Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe
4. Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable
5. Identify the original creditor
6. Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
7. Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
8. Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent
Interesting as it is, they provided VERIFICATION of debt, but totally FAILED to address the above requirements! Aren't they required to provide me with said info when specifically asked?