Midland Funding LLC - “ How do you deal with this collection agency"?
Midland Funding LLC is a collection agency (CA) with a lot of consumer complaints. Read through the topics given below to learn how you can deal with Midland Funding LLC collections if they contact you regarding an outstanding debt.
- What steps should you take if the CA contacts you about an old debt?
- What are the common Midland Funding LLC complaints?
What steps should you take if the CA contacts you about an old debt?
You should take the following steps in dealing with Midland Funding LLC:
- Ask for validation: If the agency comes after you for an old debt you think you do not owe, you should send them a validation letter. If they cannot validate the account, they have no right to collect money from you.
- Check the SOL: Check your state law and find out if the Statute of Limitations (SOL) has expired on the account they're trying to collect on. If the SOL has expired, the agency cannot sue you to collect on the debt.
- Send Cease and Desist letter: If the collection agency fails to validate the account, the SOL has expired, or if you want to deal directly with the original creditor, you should send the CA a Cease and Desist letter asking them to stop contacting you. If they don't, they will be in breach of the FDCPA and probably your state's consumer protection laws as well. You should also file a complaint against Midland Funding LLC with your State's Attorney General and the FTC.
What are the common Midland Funding LLC complaints?
Consumers who've already dealt with this collection agency have shared their complaints with the DebtCC community. Some of those complaints are:
- Placing a levy on bank accounts: Many consumers have complained that the collection agency often places a levy on their bank accounts without informing them. Learn more
- Making harassing calls: One customer complained that the CA sued him for a Verizon account, even though he claimed that everything had been settled with the phone company. He also stated that Midland Funding was harassing him continually for the debt and that one of the collectors shouted so much at him during one call that he had to disconnect the line. Check out the details
- Garnishment: A consumer says the company illegally garnished his Social Security disability check. He was never served with a summons and a complaint to appear in court before it was garnished. Check this post
If you want to contact Midland Funding LLC, use the following information:
Midland Funding LLC address:
227, W Trade St Ste 1610,
Charlotte, NC 28202-1676
Midland Funding LLC phone number: (704) 837-0421