member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 42.5

What is the best way to go about getting the original amount of a debt that was sent for collection and then sold to other collection agencies?

How is it reported on your credit reports? If you are referring to the original charge off amount and not the current amount that shows being owed, remember that most credit card agreements allow for interest ot continue to accrue until the debt is paid. That can be limited by state law on max interest rates and fees but for the most part it is legal. What are you trying to accomplish?

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 07/29/2008 - 22:30

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 4665 | Credits: 308.23)

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Share post

Page loaded in 0.708 seconds.