Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

Got a letter from American mediation - has anyone ever dealt with this company?

member profile picture
Posts: 5
Credits: 506.3

I got a letter from American Mediation & Alternative Resolutions stating that Cach Llc had filed suit against me, and that I would get a summons served. As of yet, two times that PCexpressusa has knocked on my door I haven't been home.
I have no idea what this is about........the letter from the mediation firm does have a court ID on it......please help!!!!!

If it has a docket number on it then you should contact your court clerks office to see if it is legit.

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 00:12

(Posts: 2934 | Credits: 192.01)

Thank you for the reply, I am at my wit's end.......
Is the docket number the same as a Civil Suit No.?

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 00:21

mworth mworth

(Posts: 5 | Credits: 5.06)

I misread your original post, you need to contact your county clerk to see if the suit is real. I have read some things on this company before. They are not representing CACH, they are offering to represent you outside of court. Thing is I think it may be a scam.

Ask yourself this, why would they approach you unsolicited saying "hey this company is suing you but we'll try to settle it out of court for you" I think they themselves may be a collection agency of sorts where they CA hires them and they in turn "mediate the settlement" and the CA gets paid and so do they.

If the suit doesn't exist then I would suggest filing a complaint against the mediation company with your state attorney general's office.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 00:32

(Posts: 2934 | Credits: 192.01)

So do I wait for them to serve me notice? If I am home and open the door, and sign for the papers, what happens then?

Sub: #4 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 01:16

mworth mworth

(Posts: 5 | Credits: 5.06)

once you are served, you will have to file an answer to the summons. We can help you go through that. But first, I would check the court clerks office in the county where you live--to verify that there is even a court case against you there.

If I had to guess, I would say that there really will be a suit against you. But you should check just to make sure. Another thing--if you lived in different counties, or even if you didnt, some CA's will try to sue you in the wrong county. They do this because they know that you wont hear about it, and then when you dont show up they get a default judgment against you. Of course, you can fight that, but many people at that point dont know how to, so they dont. If you find no court case in your county, you should consider looking around in other counties in your state to protect yourself. If you find that they filed suit in a county you dont live in, all you need to do there is sent notification to that court, where they filed it, that you are requesting a dismissal on the grounds of improper venue. Tell them that you dont live in that county and as such it is the wrong jurisdiction.

As for the mediation company you mentioned, I did some searching. I found where someone had contacted them about their letter. They offer to mediate and try to settle the debt on your behalf, but they require that you first place a sum of money with them up front, into an escrow account, as a "show of good faith".

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 03:45

skydivr7673 skydivr7673
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 2037 | Credits: 579.66)

So, the next time that this person knocks on my door I should answer it and sign the papers to get the information to be able to deal with the suit?
If I don't sign the papers, to get the info, then I'm really sunk, huh?

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 04:18

mworth mworth

(Posts: 5 | Credits: 5.06)

Check with the court before you sign any documents.

Also make sure that you read all of what you are signing. You don't need to be signing anything other than a statement that you received an envelope addressed to you from (name of sender that is on the envelope) and that it contents are unknown to you.

Sub: #7 posted on Tue, 03/04/2008 - 08:27


So who is Cach Llc anyway?

Sub: #8 posted on Thu, 03/06/2008 - 01:40

mworth mworth

(Posts: 5 | Credits: 5.06)

here is what Bud Hibbs has to say about them:
they are known as one of the worst CA's in the business, with a history of violating the FDCPA all over the place.
I got your PM, when you contact the court, you want to find out if there are any cases filed against you. If you dont find any, you should consider checking the neighboring counties. If you do find one, you want to ask where you can get the docket information, so you can see details such as when service supposedly took place, etc etc.
If it isnt in your county, then you need to send the court a letter ASAP telling them that you are not a resident of that county, and requesting that the case be dismissed due to improper venue. Include a clear photocopy of your drivers license with that letter if you have to send it.

Sub: #9 posted on Thu, 03/06/2008 - 03:24

skydivr7673 skydivr7673
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 2037 | Credits: 579.66)

Very nice thread. A lot of valuable information was provided. I did want to acknowledge that I actually work for American Mediation. People get letters from us because we are notified whenever a civil suit is filed. We notify whichever office services that area and they send a letter to let you know that a civil suit has been filed. We try (whenever possible) to beat the court summons so you are not taken by surprised when a Sheriff's Deputy or other private server show up at your door. We try to notify the defendants quickly because as mentioned previously in the thread, there is usually a very small window of opportunity to respond to the courts before they issue a default judgment against the defendant. We do get many cases resolved before it ever goes to court usually through a stipulated judgment or voluntary dismissal submitted to the defendant by the plaintiff attorney. We do charge a modest fee for the services we provide and try to be flexible on the payment arrangement. We do ask for a portion upfront as there are costs in labor and the drafting of documents. MANY defendants in the past obtained resolutions by us without ever paying a dime for our services. We keep our overhead down to provide a valuable service at a low cost. We try to be reasonable and fair by splitting up the payments, post dating payments, and even forfeiting any profits in the fee if we are not able to provide an amicable resolution. There are a lot of scams out there, but we try to help people find favorable resolutions so everybody can get on with their lives. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call.
Deleted - ND - We don't sell, but merely explain the process. If we aren't the right fit for you, we will be happy to try to point you in the right direction to find a resolution by your own means.

Solicitation is a violation of the TOS - NASCAR_Devil

Sub: #10 posted on Tue, 03/10/2009 - 19:42


More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.798 seconds.