member profile picture
Posts: 2
Credits: 106

I received a dunning letter on a past due cc account from a CA. I want to settle this but I am unsure of how to go about this-do I send them a settlement letter in response to their dunning letter or try to call them first?

Send them a debt validation first, make them prove they either own the debt or are legally allowed to collect it.

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 08/17/2009 - 00:53

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17342 | Credits: 1592.83)

Hi Shazzers, thanks for the reply- so should i send a DV even though I know it is mine-I called Chase and they said GC now has my account. I have heard that sending a DV might make them more inclined to sue. I have heard very bad things about this CA and want little communication as possible. Should I also do all communication in writing? Thanks!

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 08/17/2009 - 04:53

lilhar lilhar

(Posts: 2 | Credits: 1.06)

A debt validation letter is your right, you should make them prove this is your debt and they have the legal right to collect it. Doesn't matter whether the original creditor (Chase) verified the CA is collecting, you should still make them prove it. Once a debt validation is sent out (make sure you send it certified), all collection efforts must stop until they provide proper validation.

Sub: #3 posted on Mon, 08/17/2009 - 05:25

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17342 | Credits: 1592.83)

I really had a great experience with jm Adjustments the Rep was so nice even offered their cell phone very cooperative and knowledgeable.

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 01/09/2010 - 10:31


More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.782 seconds.