Central Credit Services Inc. is a collection agency (CA) that collects old accounts from debtors. They are a BBB accredited business since 1988. However, there are certain consumer complaints against this company. Read through the section below to find out the complaints as shared by consumers in the DebtCC forums.
What do people complain against Central Credit Services Inc.?
There are many consumers who are not satisfied with this collection agency. Some of them have shared the following complaints with the DebtCC community:
- Collection of debts past SOL: A consumer complains that the collection agency came after him for an old debt that was past the Statute of Limitation (SOL). He also claims that he actually repaid the bill through a debt consolidation program long time back! Find more.
- Calling the wrong person for collection: A person says the CA called him for a debt which his daughter owed and disclosed all her financial information to him. He was in no way responsible for the debt. He had to refer this case to the FTC for investigation. Know more on this.
- Collection of debt which is paid off: The company is said to come after debts that have already been paid off. A customer says that they were trying to collect a credit card debt that was paid off. He even has a letter from the original creditor stating the debt had been repaid. Get the detail on this.
- Rude behavior of employees: A person complains that the employees of this company are very rude and they hang up on customers without notice. He was so frustrated with the behavior of the company representatives that he had to call the Attorney General's office to complain against them. Know more about it.
What should you do if you're harassed by this CA?
In case you are being harassed by Central Credit Services Inc. and you are not sure how you can stop them, a quick look at the following points could be helpful to you:
- Don't pay them if debt is past SOL: When the CA contacts you for a debt, check the SOL as applicable in your state. If the debt is past the SOL period, you need not pay them anything. Send them an SOL expiration letter to make them aware of your rights as a consumer in such a case.
- Show proof of repayment: If you have paid off your debts, make sure you receive relevant documents from your original creditors and keep them safe. If the CA comes after you for a debt which you have paid off, you can show them the documents to prove that you have repaid the debt.
- Ask them to cease harassment: In case you are being constantly harassed by the CA or if you want to deal with the original creditor directly, you should send the CA a letter asking them to cease calling you.
- Record conversation: If the company representative talks to you in a disrespectful manner, try and record the conversation if it is allowed in your state. The collection agencies are not allowed to harass or abuse you over the phone as per the laws. The recorded conversation will serve as evidence when you take legal action against them for violating the laws.
- Stay informed about your rights: Keep yourself aware of your rights as a consumer. The collection agencies often resort to illegal debt collection practices and violate the FDCPA laws. Once you are aware of your rights you can take appropriate action against the debt collectors for the violation of the laws.
Can the CA debit your checking account?
A question that may come to a debtor's mind while dealing with this collection agency is "Can Central Credit Services debit my checking account?" Well, collection agencies cannot debit your checking account without your prior authorization. However, they can do so provided they have obtained a judgment against you. If Central Credit Services files a lawsuit and wins the case, the judge can enter a judgment against you allowing the CA to garnish your checking account.
In case you want to contact the collection agency, you can do so using the following details:
Central Credit Services address:
9550, Regency Square Blvd., Suite 602,
Jacksonville, FL 32225
Central Credit Services phone number: (888) 904-1800