Northstar Location Services: Are there customer complaints against them?
Northstar Location Services is headquartered in Cheektowaha, New York and is a full service debt collection solutions provider. If you want to know about the viewpoints of consumers about Northstar Location Services, glance through the topics below:
- What are customers' views on Northstar Location Services?
- How do you contact Northstar Location Services?
- How to find out if a collection agency is legitimate?
What are customers' views on Northstar Location Services?
A lot of consumers have reviewed Northstar Location Services in the Debt Consolidation Care Community. Individuals have reported being repeatedly called by this company, even though the company has failed to validate when required. Here is what members have said about this company:
- The company threatens individuals: Customers complained that Northstar Location services threatened to put them in jail. One customer also complained that the company also refused to connect the consumer with a supervisor when asked. Read more
- Rude behavior by representatives: Northstar Location Services LLC customers are unhappy about the way this company has behaved toward them. One customer complained in the Debt Consolidation Care Community Forum, saying that the representative who called was extremely rude and unprofessional. Get more information
- Using abuse when speaking with debtors: An angry and disappointed individual complained that a Northstar Location Company representative called her and used abusive language in order to get the consumer to pay the debt. Find out more details
- No proper accounting: One customer of Northstar Location Services complained that the company failed to acknowledge a payment the customer had already made. Northstar Location kept calling her, even though the customer had copies of the deposited checks. Learn more
- Making illegal and unwanted calls to debtors: One customer complained of being repeatedly harassed by Northstar Location Services, LLC. She had been called repeatedly by this company and threatened with a lawsuit if the consumer did not pay the debt. They even called her ex-husband, ex-mother-in-law, and her son regarding her debt. Get more details.
How do you contact Northstar Location Services?
You may write Northstar Location Services at:
95 John Muir Dr Ste 100 Buffalo NY 14228-1144
Or at Northstar Location Services's Cheektowaga NY address:
4285 Genesse St. Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA
You can also fax Northstar Location Services at 714-200-0786 and 716-565-6928
How to find out if a collection agency is legitimate?
If you are wondering "Is Northstar location services legit?" then there are ways to find out. Collection agencies often contact about wrong debts, and to avoid being scammed you need to know how to find whether a CA is legitimate. Here are a few points you should consider next time a CA like Northstar Location Services calls for collection:
- Ask for validation: Debt validation is very important. Ask the CA to validate the debt along with the name of the original creditor. If the CA cannot or will not send validation as requested, do not pay on the debt.
- Check for proper validation: If the CA sends validation, check it to make sure it's proper. Make sure you recognize the name of the original creditor. If you don't, chances are that you may be dealing with a scam company. Get help from your State Attorney General's office if the company is trying to scam you.
- Check the company's license: You should check with your State's Collection Agency Regulatory Board to see if the CA is licensed to do business in your state. If it isn't, then send a Cease and Desist Letter.
- Ask for a collection letter: Ask the CA to send you a written request for payment so that you can review it. A scam company will not send you any written requests, and if the CA does, then check the phone number on the letter. If there isn't any number listed, there might be a good chance this is a scam.
- Check for a physical address and phone number: Collection agencies that are legit will not block their number, and will want you to call them back. Find out if the number the CA is calling from is blocked. If yes, beware. Use an online map service to check the CA's address.
There are many reasons why you wouldn't want to work with a particular CA. CAs often call you incessantly, threaten you with dire consequences if you don't pay, call your work phone, or call the wrong number for a debt. If you do not want to work with a collection agency, you need to find out if your original creditor still holds your account or if they have sold it to the collection agency.
If the original creditor still holds your account, you may try to speak with them and let them know why you do not want to work with the collection agency. Whether the original creditor will agree to work with you depends on how well you can convey your message and how well you can convince them. Not all creditors may agree on this proposal, but some may.