member profile picture
Posts: 64
Credits: 1408.75

An attorney from John P Frye contacted my wife about a debt that they say I owe. Is it legal for them to contact my wife even though she had nothing to do with the debt? I don't even know how they got her number. I was not even married when I got the debt that they say that I owe. Can they do That? Is it legal practice? Does anybody know what I can do?

In most states, they can talk to a spouse about the debt.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:24

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17211 | Credits: 4746.38)

Debts that are incurred before marraige should not effect your spouse in either community or seperate property states. However, 3rd party disclosure rules do not apply to married couples in any state.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 16:35

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 4665 | Credits: 308.23)

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.444 seconds.