DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Asset management professionals - has any one dealt with this agency?

member profile picture

My mother received a call from Asset Management Professionals (AMP on our caller ID). Their number is 888-355-7515. They told my mom that my dad had bounced a check at a local pet store for over $300 back in January of 2005. Yes, 2005. What's more, the address given for the check was an old one we have not lived at for seven years.

They knew his social security number and where he works. The check is in his name only, but my parents have only one account and they share it. The bank the check is from is not their bank, and has never been their bank.

I cannot find any information about this AMP place. I found one post on here about it, but the replies seemed to suggest that it's a legitmate agency. If anyone has any information about AMP, please respond.

Thank you!

Ang
Credits: 21572.9

Sub: #1 I have looked at this post over and over trying to figure someth
Fri, 09/21/2007 - 18:14

I have looked at this post over and over trying to figure something out for u. Just now it hit me that maybe it's someone with a similar or same name as ur dad! they can do what they call skip tracing someone and that may be how they got his address and other info.
I wud contact them and tell them this is NOT him!! And he has NEVER had an acct with this bank, so they must have the wrong person!
Good Luck and let us know how it goes!
Ang

Law Student
Credits: 17356.05

Sub: #2 Maybe ID theft? I'd file a police report about it. That should
Fri, 09/21/2007 - 18:21

Maybe ID theft? I'd file a police report about it. That should at least put the breaks on AMP for a while.

Unregistered

Sub: #3 Asset Management ProfessionalsAsset Management Professionals
Wed, 04/29/2009 - 15:07

Asset Management ProfessionalsAsset Management Professionals

1 review - Write a review

665 Molly Ln
Woodstock, GA 30189

(678) 784-3680
look under the BBB

Unregistered

Sub: #4 Asset Management ProfessionalsAsset Management Professionals
Wed, 04/29/2009 - 15:08

Asset Management ProfessionalsAsset Management Professionals

1 review - Write a review

665 Molly Ln
Woodstock, GA 30189

(678) 784-3680
look under the BBB

Unregistered

Sub: #5 I just got a call exactly like that. They said they were trying
Wed, 05/27/2009 - 19:13

I just got a call exactly like that. They said they were trying to collect a debt but when I would not give them any information and I started asking them questions he hung up on me? I drfinitely think they are a scam trying to get your personal info. It looks like there really is a Co. by that name so maybe they are just using that name. I definitely think they are looking to steal your identity and it is a scam!!!

Unregistered

Sub: #6 Asset Management Professionals
Sat, 06/20/2009 - 15:21

I got a call from them on Friday, June 19th, 2009 and thought it was a scam too but I had just seen a new credit alert on my credit report about the credit card that they were calling about. I was dumb enough to give them my bank info because they knew to much about this card and me. When I gave them my bank routing number, they knew the name of the bank. I dealt with simular collection agencys last year and they were all for real. My debts were slowly eliminated from the three major credit bureaus 45 to 90 day's after I paid them and my credit score started to rise. I hope these people are for real or I'm going to go nuts.

Unregistered

Sub: #7 AMP IS NOT A SCAM IN FACT. THEY ARE NOW STARTING TO COLLECT ON J
Mon, 07/13/2009 - 19:39

AMP IS NOT A SCAM IN FACT. THEY ARE NOW STARTING TO COLLECT ON JUDGMENT PAPER. SO IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU FROM THIS COMPANY YOU MIGHT WANNA GET THE MATTER RESOLVED IN A TIMELY MANNER AND OR RISK HAVING YOUR PAY GARNISH AND OR THEIR CLIENTS FOR WHICH THEY COLLECT FOR PROCEED AGAINST U. GOOD LUCK AND JUST KNOW THAT TIMES ARE HARD FOR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES TOO AND THESE PEOPLE WANT THEIR MONEY BACK. THEY DON'T LEND IT SO THAT YOU GUYS CAN BLOG ABOUT THEM AND NOT PAY BACK AND NOT PAY THEM BACK!!!!

paulmergel

Credits: 135761.15272958

Sub: #8 reply
Mon, 07/13/2009 - 19:44

whatever guest.yell at someone over the phone not here.if this is legit how come they don't offer any info.i for one am not giving bank info to anyone over the phone.they have to sue to garnish.i highly doubt this place can or will do that.nice try though. :roll: :roll:

Unregistered

Sub: #9 Asset Management Professionals
Wed, 07/15/2009 - 12:34

they called me today and did not have any info on me and ask me my name and wanted me to pay for a cc .i told them that i was taping them and they said that i can not do that ? and hung up funny i have never heard from them before today!!!!! and dont tell them any thing .yes they are a memmber of the bbb but it has no complaints on them so do not give them any info on you make them tell you who and what they want .like the man said they have to go to court to get a judgement to take your checks .and don't worry they can not go into you bank account. that is what i was told from the courts...

Unregistered

Sub: #10 For Reals
Mon, 07/20/2009 - 14:55

This company is NOT a scam. I have been working with them for some time to resolve my debts. They can and will garnish wages. they can and will pursue whatever means necessary for collecting the debts owed. If the debt isn't something you believe you owe, simply try asking them for a fax of the documents they posses that show record of said person owing the debt. or, wait. they will eventually start garnishing your wages. Don't fool yourself.

Peace,
Marc

Add new comment

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 0.487 seconds.