wage garnishment

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 46.25

I've been getting garnished for a car accident I was in. I looked up the case on the court system to see how much the suit was for. And the garnishment total was forced to pay has come and gone yet I'm still having money taken out from this garnishee.what should I do?

Contact the clerk of courts, also say something to your payroll person, they usually have a record of the amount of payments you've made. Also, don't forget to figure the interest & court costs into the amount. :)

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 06/27/2008 - 18:35

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17342 | Credits: 1592.79)

It's possible that the fault rests with your payroll department, rather than with the courts. Often when garnishments are sent to employers, there is a total amount due listed. If this was the case, then maybe your payroll department has just not realized that your garnishment is satisfied. You might want to ask them to check their copy of the garnishment and see if it shows a total before you contact the court.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 06/27/2008 - 19:22

alias1958 alias1958

(Posts: 1230 | Credits: 79.88)

Yeah, but then how do you get back the amount that was overpaid? I bet that's fun to do!

Sub: #3 posted on Sat, 06/28/2008 - 03:13

FloridaRon FloridaRon

(Posts: 1190 | Credits: 74.85)

Add new comment

More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.255 seconds.