member profile picture

Please see the letter bleow that I faxed to Ellis, Crosby and Associates. Please feel free to use it should you need.

May 20, 2005
Mr. Paul Epstein
4494 Southside Boulevard, Suite 200
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Duval County
Dear Mr. Paul Epstein:
Subject: Contact
Effective immediately, I respectfully request all further contact be by US MAIL only. I will no longer tolerate harassing calls at work, nor do I authorize you or your company to contact anyone other than myself about this debt. I request written notice telling me the amount of money I owe and the name of the creditor(s) to whom I owe. Under the protection of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.
Your collection agency is in violation of the law by their actions stated as follows:

Constant calls to my work place after continuously advising my companies' policy on personal phone calls.
Belligerent, ridiculous, and insulting remarks from you or your staff.
Threatening to get my employer involve, which could result in termination of employment. (Stating I can keep my job if I pay an obscene amount of money within a 2 hour time frame)
Accusing me of fraud and the intent to fraud.
Threatening arrests
Contacting others I work with in regards to this debt.

After checking with the Better Business Bureau, I felt the need to inform them of your collection habits and will file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

**I have filed complaints with all list plus with the Attorney General of Florida. it is my full intention to go to any length to protect the rights I as an american consumer was given. I applaud all that does what it takes to protect their rights, KUDOS TO YOU!

Hi Rich
Welcome to the forums

The letter that you have posted in the forums will help millions of people. The community members will be highly benefited with this letter as they will get guidance from this.

In case they receive any calls from Ellis Crosby & Associates they can resort to the path you have followed. Thanks once again.

Regards
Peter

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:15

peter peter

(Posts: 285 | Credits: 114.11)

Does anyone have the fax number for this "agency"? I've called and asked for it and they just hang up.

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 08/17/2005 - 00:13

Unregistered

You can contact Ellis Crosby at the following address:

Ellis, Crosby & Associates Inc.
4494 Southside Blvd., Suite #200
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
Voice: 800-491-8615
Fax: 904-928-0722

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 08/17/2005 - 00:32

ben ben

(Posts: 2034 | Credits: 426.37)

Hello:

Does anyone know the names of clients (businesses) that Ellis Crosby & Associates, Inc. represents?

Please forward names and telephone numbers to uccsales(at)compucred.com.

Thanks,

Dan Woebkenberg

Sub: #4 posted on Fri, 08/26/2005 - 20:34

Unregistered

I know the represent E Payday and Platinum B Services.

Sub: #5 posted on Fri, 08/26/2005 - 20:47

Michele Michele

(Posts: 84 | Credits: 71.81)

DAN heres their info

Johnson Chahan Law Group
200 West Forsyth St. #1401
Jacksonville FL 32202

Sub: #6 posted on Sat, 08/27/2005 - 01:35

Unregistered

Ok, so you still owe the payday company that turned you over to Ellis Crosby. They don't and won't deal with you and you don't want to pay Ellis Crosby because of their harrassement and you don't even know if they are giving the loan company the money. What do you do?

Sub: #7 posted on Mon, 08/29/2005 - 20:15

Unregistered

Call the loan company and tell them to take it or leave it because Ellis is being shut down!Or wait until my debt is sold to a place who will WORK with them, instead of threaten people, which is by the way against the law!

Sub: #8 posted on Mon, 08/29/2005 - 20:58

Unregistered

OK, I just wondered, they called my in early July but I was ready for them... they started to harrass me with they were filing a petition in my county and I told them I knew who they were... sent them a C & D letter and haven't heard from them since, but since I still owe FSM $400 and they won't work with me, wasn't sure what to do? I guess I will just wait and see what happens.... o btw, to the guest who is on everyone about paying their debts.... we are trying, but they don't work with you.... so it is what it is...

Sub: #9 posted on Mon, 08/29/2005 - 22:16

Unregistered

I think he should mind his own. And if he dosnt owe debts why is he on the site? And how did he hear about this whole thing?
Sounds like he works for them

Sub: #10 posted on Mon, 08/29/2005 - 22:28

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 0.864 seconds.