member profile picture

Special Announcement: Ellis Crosby and Associates are not following fdcpa so if you are getting phone calls from their agents, please handle with care. Signup for free counseling and handle all problems associated with Ellis Crosby and Associates smoothly.

Hi,
Boy am i glad this sight is here, today I get a phone call from a Ranae Ward from Ellis Crosby and Associates saying I am going to court if i don't take this one time offer and pay back the loan advance I took out from e-payday. The original loan was for $200 and Ellis,Crosby and Associates told me that I owe them $515. E-payday has already taken $360 out of my checking account, I think that's enough. If I don't answer Ellis Crosby and Associates will i go to court? Do I need a lawyer? Can I sue them for harassment for calling me at work?

teresa-
Yes you can sue for harrasment, pain and suffering.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 07/29/2005 - 19:38

Unregistered

I had the same problem last month. I too paid the loan but they calle me saying I owed 575. I told them I could only give them 200 now an the rest when I get paid. They also told me I needed a lawyer that charges were to be filed against me to county I live in. In the mean time they called my job told me that an officer would be there to arrest me if I did not make the payment. I paid them off and they told me that I would get a letter. That was 7/15 To now I have not received a letter. I am going to call them tomorrow to talk to the idiot who threaten me to death. What I would do is call the original people you did the loan with and talk to them not the ellis crosby people. They are snakes.

Good Luck.
Gen

[quote=teresa]Hi,
Boy am i glad this sight is here, today I get a phone call from a Ranae Ward from Ellis Crosby and Associates saying I am going to court if i don't take this one time offer and pay back the loan advance I took out from e-payday. The original loan was for $200 and Ellis,Crosby and Associates told me that I owe them $515. E-payday has already taken $360 out of my checking account, I think that's enough. If I don't answer Ellis Crosby and Associates will i go to court? Do I need a lawyer? Can I sue them for harassment for calling me at work?[/quote]

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 08/03/2005 - 03:52

Unregistered

Gen - Do not get tensed because you have not done anything wrong. It is Ellis people who have been entirely involved in illegal acts. They deserve severe punishment

Sub: #3 posted on Wed, 08/03/2005 - 05:07

roxette roxette

(Posts: 4009 | Credits: 559.9)

Please contact Summer Saladino, she works for the Attorney Generals office in Florida and I called to find out where I can complain and I described my situation to her and before I said who I was complaining about, she already knew!!! She said that numerous people have been complaining about them and they are looking to take action against them but they need sworn statements. This means she'll send you some documents, you write your complaint and then get it notorized and send it back. This is our chance to get back at the company that has us stressed out, scared and at our wits end. YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

Summer Saladino,
Economic Crimes Office of the Attorney General, Florida
1300 Riverplace Blvd.
Suite 405
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Phone: (904)348-2720
Fax: (904) 348-2783

Sub: #4 posted on Sat, 08/06/2005 - 02:17

Unregistered

I received a phone call today from one of Ellis Crosby and Associates "investigators" and they told me that I needed to pay $515 today or that they were going to file charges against me and arrest me. Can anyone share any insight on if they are capable of doing that to people?

Sub: #5 posted on Tue, 08/09/2005 - 21:54

Unregistered

No they cannot do anything to you, Next time they call tell them not to call you.

WOW i really bet they are having a hard time getting people to pay because of this site. I mean 30 some odd people comeon here and share their experiences and none of us will pay until they shape up their act.

Sub: #6 posted on Tue, 08/09/2005 - 23:58

Unregistered

please don't use this website just to complain..even though it is informative please take that extra step to stop this comnpany

Sub: #7 posted on Wed, 08/10/2005 - 02:47

Unregistered

This same company called my job an were extremely rude,but you can't get intimidated,instead get educated.Take avantage of this opportunity to become wiser. I guess I am a born fighter. I complained to the better business bureau,money gram(wire transfer company), the ACA and I gave my boss a heads up so she would be prepared if someone called her. I also have a workmens comp case and had my attorney call them,but of course ellis and crosby rep was in a conference meeting. yeah right. my attorney is waiting for their return call. also remember every state has legal aid to assist people with legal questions even if you do not have a lot of money. They would not even answer any questions and would not tell me their business name so I contacted money gram and gave them the receive code and sure enough it is under ellis and crosby. This website has put me at ease. The phone number for moneygram is 800 moneygram.. i also reported it to ifccfbi.gov ...it's the fbi's website and i gave them the name of this website so they can see it is many victims. i urge as many of you to complain to the fbi
website to make a point and shut down this company and if you complain to moneygram or their wire tranfer company ,they can't get funds.

Sub: #8 posted on Wed, 08/10/2005 - 02:55

Unregistered

Thank you for the information. I made a complaint with the FTC yesterday and the gentleman I spoke to gave me the FTC website so that I could educated myself on right and wrong practices of collection agencies. I also put in a phone call to the Florida Attorney General office. I plan to pay only what I owe and nothing more. Thanks everyone!

Sub: #9 posted on Wed, 08/10/2005 - 17:56

Unregistered

Hi...I called Summer myself and she was VERY helpful...she's sending me the affidavit for me to fill out...EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS!!!!

Sub: #10 posted on Wed, 08/10/2005 - 19:27

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 1.25 GB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
Post as a guest
CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Post as a member

Share post

Page loaded in 2.733 seconds.