Persels and Associates: How dependable is it?Rate This Article:
Persels and Associates is a law firm providing legal services across America and helping individuals get rid of their debts. Glance through the topics given below to know more about Persels and Associates.
- What do customers have to say about Persels and Associates?
- How does a proper debt settlement firm work?
What do customers have to say about Persels and Associates?
If you are wondering "Is Persels and Associates good?", you should be aware that there are mixed reactions regarding this company. Customers have expressed their views in the Debt Consolidation Care Community Forums. There are customers who are satisfied with the services the company provided, and there are also others who have made complaints against Persels and Associates in the forum. Here is what the customers have to say about this company:
- Settled debts successfully: Customers have said that Persels and Associates settled their accounts successfully and they are quite satisfied with Persels' work. Get more detailsâ€¦
- Offered good legal help: Debtors have expressed their appreciation for Persels and Associates legal guidance when settling their debts. These customers seem to be very happy about the fact that they were helped by a law firm that took care of the legalities of their debt settlement procedure. Find out moreâ€¦
- Transparency in the way they work: Customers have offered Persels and Associates reviews about the transparency the company provides. They have mentioned that the company has been honest about how they use their customers' money for settling debts and how much of the money goes towards paying their legal fees. Get more detailsâ€¦
- Could not settle debt: Customers have complained that Persels and Associates charged them regular fees but were not able to settle their debts or protect them from lawsuits. Learn moreâ€¦
- Took money from the trust but settled only the smallest debt: One complaint about Persels and Associates stated that they only settled the smallest of the debtor's accounts, even though they collected about $3000 more than the amount of the debt in fees. Find out moreâ€¦
- Customers faced legal notices: Debtors have complained that despite enrolling with Persels and Associates debt settlement firm, they have been sued by creditors. Customers have also complained that they were not represented by the company in court and that they ended up filing for bankruptcy. Read furtherâ€¦
- Not keeping track of the work they do: One consumer complained that Persels and Associates (Care One) did not keep track of the work they did on his account. The customer also complained that he was not able to get any information from Persels and Associates. Get more detailsâ€¦
You may contact Persels and Associates via e-mail at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
How does a proper debt settlement firm work?
So that scam companies cannot trick you and get your money without offering you any services in return, you should be aware of how a proper debt settlement company functions. Take a look at how they work:
- Debt settlement is the process where you negotiate with your creditors to pay less than what you actually owe. Here, you ask creditors to forgive a certain percentage of the debt amount. Through this program you may be allowed to pay 50% - 75% of the total debt and settle the account.
- Qualification for a settlement program may mean that the creditors require you to pay the settled amount in a lump sum, or you may be permitted to pay the money in installments over a short period of time.
- In certain states it is illegal for a debt settlement company to advise you to stop paying your debts in order to save for a lump sum settlement. You should do some research to make sure the debt settlement company you have chosen is complying with your state's laws.
- A debt settlement company will charge you to do your settlement. If you are getting professional help, you should ask the company about their fee structure before you enroll and make sure they keep their word. Ask them how much money you will be required to pay every month, and out of that, how much would go towards your debt payment and how much will be taken out for the firm's fees. Some companies like to keep their processes transparent while some don't.
When shopping for a debt settlement company, compare fees and services from at least more than 3 or 4 settlement companies before enrolling with one. You will have a better idea about the companies and which offer is best for you.