DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

GEMB/CARE Credit opened an account in my name

Hi I just received a credit alert that GEMB/CARE CREDIT has opened an account. The balance is zero (0) at this time. I don’t know who they are or where they came from. I have tried looking up a contact number for them but have had no luck. Can anyone please tell me how to contact these people so I can find out what is going on?
Thanks a bunch!
John

Unregistered

Sub: #1 GEMB/Care Credit?
Tue, 07/31/2007 - 07:25

I found that GEMB/Care Credit has opened an account in my name as well. If you have any contact information regarding this creditor, please let me know. my email is cedster2001[at]yahoo.com Thanks!!!

Unregistered

Sub: #2 Found a number!!
Wed, 10/10/2007 - 09:49

I had the same problem with my credit report.

I found a couple numbers

1-866-396-8254
1-866-239-4362

There's also a webpage...gemoney.com

I just called and canceled it, though I never remember opening it in the first place. Good luck to you guys!

Unregistered

Sub: #3 Credit line I did not open
Thu, 02/21/2008 - 18:09

I found out that someone opened a credit account in my name. Experian reported this address for GEMB/CARE CREDIT: P.O. Box 981439, El Paso, TX 79998.
I want that account closed. What do I do?

[color=Red][/color]Email removed for your safety[color=Red][/color]

Unregistered

Sub: #4 unknown account
Sat, 05/24/2008 - 18:34

An account was opened under my name on 1/1/08. I did not open this account. Please close this account and please send me all the information that you can re the account. My personal information was stolen. Thank You.

Bossy4455

Credits: 74303.05

Sub: #5 I'm sorry but we have nothing to do with that company. If you lo
Sun, 05/25/2008 - 08:25

I'm sorry but we have nothing to do with that company. If you look at the post above yours, there is an address to contact them at.

If your ID was stolen, please report it to the police also. Good Luck..KAren

As long as you are alive, there's always hope

Unregistered

Sub: #6 my husband just received a letter in the mail from this company
Fri, 04/10/2009 - 12:42

my husband just received a letter in the mail from this company stating his inactive account with them was closed. We have no idea what this is. At the bottom of the letter was this address, slightly different from the one above: GE Money Bank PO Box 981440 El Paso TX 79998-1440. No phone number was given.

NASCAR_Devil

Credits: 30821.994972777

Sub: #7 Pull your credit reports and see if you can determine what the a
Sat, 04/11/2009 - 05:20

Pull your credit reports and see if you can determine what the acct was from there.

Unregistered

Sub: #8 GEMB Credit Care
Thu, 05/07/2009 - 06:31

Ruined my credit rating-
This company AKA Medcash-now GEMB has an account for me I never opened. Their phone number is 866-893-7864

Unregistered

Sub: #9 care credit big money machine
Thu, 05/07/2009 - 08:09

This company is used to pay doctor bills, dental etc. their interest is very high and they don't work with people unless you can understand foreigners, as all their calls seem to be answered by people in India!!!
My account was current and they closed it without reason.

Unregistered

Sub: #10 GembCast
Fri, 07/17/2009 - 13:22

This is ridiculous. They opened an account in my name also. This is a JCPenneys charge in case you don't know.
I spent hours trying to find a real person to talk to. No go. I finally got to someone who gave me an address to write to. As they informed me that no actual card/credit was actually issued, I put a lock on my credit info thru equifax and thought I was safe. They went thru Experian. I no longer have the address as I thot I was safe. I am calling all three credit bureaus and finding out how to make an official complaint. This can't be legal.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post

Page loaded in 1.320 seconds.