DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Debt Settlement Companies

Credits: 317.4
[Donate]

Can anyone give a good reference about a good legit debt settlement company? There are so many out there.

mcranberra
Credits: 7194

Sub: #1 You should try with different companies and compare the quotes.
Wed, 04/04/2007 - 17:42

You should try with different companies and compare the quotes. The more you research, you will find a good company to settle your debts. Start with Superior debt relief, forgetadebt. I heard them to be reputed.

d-townmike
Credits: 1806.3

Sub: #2 Roll Law Firm out of Tuscon, AZ. I wouldn't recommend settlem
Wed, 04/04/2007 - 21:03

Roll Law Firm out of Tuscon, AZ.

I wouldn't recommend settlement. I am now using a debt management program through Consumer credit counseling Services (CCCS). The company is moneymanagement international and they work very hard to consolidate all debt and they even work with most collection companies.

You from outta town?[img]http://mkoenig.homestead.com/files/Roxbury.gif[/img]

Unregistered

Sub: #3 Debt Settlement Company
Fri, 04/06/2007 - 09:59

My Credit Group They did great for us. THe fees were the lowest I could find and credit repair is built into the entire process.

Most of my stuff (actually about 30%) I guess not most was a pay for deletion upon settling.

Unregistered

Sub: #4 Debt Settlement
Tue, 04/17/2007 - 18:26

DebtMerica aka Freedom debt relief...I am currently working with them...so far they are really good. They are bending over backwards to help me be debt free in 28 months.

tricam
Credits: 1137

Sub: #5 One to stay away from is Mezey & Associates. They took me for ab
Tue, 04/17/2007 - 20:01

One to stay away from is Mezey & Associates. They took me for about $6k. I ended up being sued, and now have a judgement against me. Stay clear of them. Their customer service has improved, but I don't think they do anything for you until you pay 100% of their fees. Not one dime goes to your creditors until Mezey gets theirs first. By that time it's too late, and your creditors are suing for their money. What a nightmare. The kicker is that Mezey claims to be a law firm so you think they're trustworthy. Do plenty of research first, find the one that you can actually get good information from - from an outside source.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I have been through. My next step is Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Good luck.

Unregistered

Sub: #6 Does anyone out there know of a legitimate Debt Settlment compan
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 13:57

Does anyone out there know of a legitimate Debt Settlment company. I would appreciate it very much if you could give me the name of one. One that has a good rating with the BBB. Thank you, Ms. Dee

mobile0311

Credits: 10456.75

Sub: #7 You will have a hard time finding a settlement company with a go
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 17:29

You will have a hard time finding a settlement company with a good rating with the BBB due to their new rating system. If a settlement company does have a good rating its because they paid the BBB membership fees and they BBB branch chooses to ignore the corporate rating system that they are supposed to go by. You should shop around and compare quotes. I suggest going with a TASC member because their contracts require them to disclose all of the pros and cons of debt settlement. Or you can try hiring a local law firm near you that does settlement. Have you considered settling on your own? If you have the time and stomach for it you can settle the debt yourself.

Scammed ? File complaints at these links
FBI
FTC
State Attorney Generals
TASC

Unregistered

Sub: #8 Has anyone worked with the Kirkland Green Debt Relief Program?
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 17:33

Has anyone worked with the Kirkland Green Debt Relief Program?

Unregistered

Sub: #9 Quote:Originally Posted by AnonymousDoes anyone out there know o
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted byAnonymous
Does anyone out there know of a legitimate Debt Settlment company. I would appreciate it very much if you could give me the name of one. One that has a good rating with the BBB. Thank you, Ms. Dee

I haven't used them YET but it looks like The Kirkland Green Advantage is a good Debt Relief Program for Maryland Residents. They have their TASC Rating and may even be able to recommend other TACS companies in your area.

abe1104
Credits: 408

Sub: #10 If you are looking for a well reviewed company with an A+ rating
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 18:18

If you are looking for a well reviewed company with an A+ rating from the BBB, look up XXXXXXXXXXX. I used them and was very pleased.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 3.569 seconds.