RJM Acquisitions LLC - What do consumers say about them?Rate This Article:
RJM Acquisitions, LLC is a collections agency based in New York. The agency does not have BBB accreditation.
- What are the consumer complaints against RJM?
- Is there any positive feedback on the company?
- How do you contact RJM Acquisitions, LLC?
What are the consumer complaints against RJM?
Consumers have had mixed experience while dealing with RJM Acquisitions, LLC. Many have shared their experiences in the forums.
- Reporting false collections: One of the consumers has claimed that his hopes of obtaining a new home were shattered when he discovered RJM Acquisitions, LLC had reported a false collection to the credit bureaus. The company claimed they were collecting on behalf of One Spirit Book Club, with whom the consumer had never made a purchase! As a result his credit scores took a hit and his lender wanted to increase the interest rate and closing costs for the home loan. The consumer then had to dispute the collections with the credit bureaus.
- Claiming debts that never existed: Consumers have complained that the company often sends letters stating money is owed on accounts which the consumers never had. One such consumer was surprised when he got a letter from RJM Acquisitions, LLC, which said they would collect money for an account on behalf of Fingerhut. But in reality, the consumer had neither bought anything from Fingerhut nor had applied for a card through them.
- Reluctance to provide information: It is said that the company is often reluctant to provide information to consumers. A customer requested RJM to send him a letter stating the account has been paid in full. They did not send him any such letter. When he contacted the company later on, they said they could not give him any information and asked his attorney or accountant to call them if he wanted to get further details.
- Offering credit cards to debtors: RJM Acquisitions, LLC is said to have joined hands with Capital One, which is offering pre-approved credit cards to debtors to pay off accounts held by RJM. Consumers think this is yet another trap laid by the collection agency.
- Identity theft: A consumer says he got an offer from Capital One, who got the information about him from RJM. But the offer was in someone else's name, who used the consumer's social security account number to get the credit. The consumer feels that RJM may be involved in this matter as they have provided Capital One with the fraudulent account information.
- Collection of accounts past SOL: As per consumer feedback, the company often comes after the debtors for accounts which are well past the Statute of Limitations (SOL). The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) does not allow debt collectors to collect payments on accounts which have crossed the SOL. But the company is often found to violate this FDCPA rule.
- Falsifying records: Consumers have also accused RJM of falsifying records.
Is there any positive feedback on the company?
Despite the complaints, one cannot overlook the positive feedback shared by consumers about this collection agency. A few of those good experiences are as follows:
- One such consumer has praised the company for having helped in improving his credit scores.
- Another consumer claims that the company was sincere enough to acknowledge that his debt was past the SOL and he would not be sued by them.
- In certain cases, RJM Acquisitions has worked with consumers to reach a satisfactory settlement or a repayment plan.
- Some claim that the company did not harass them when they missed payments during the repayment plan.
How do you contact RJM Acquisitions, LLC?
In case, you want to contact RJM, use the following details:
RJM Acquisitions, LLC
575 Underhill Blvd Suite 224
Syosset, NY, 11791-3416
(516) 714-1300 Or (516) 714-1304 Or (800) 541-0824