Pinnacle Credit Services - Consumer reviews and steps to deal with it
Rate This Article:
by 7748 members
Pinnacle Credit Services, LLC is a collection agency headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Go through the following topics to know about the consumer complaints against Pinnacle Credit Services:
What are consumers saying about Pinnacle Credit Services, LLC?
Community members participating in the DebtCC forums have made several complaints against this collection agency. Here are some of the Pinnacle Credit Services complaints:
- Calling at wrong numbers: Calling at wrong numbers: Debtors say that Pinnacle Credit Services often calls at wrong numbers even though the individuals receiving the calls repeatedly tell them that they don't have an account with the CA. Learn more...
- Repeated calls at odd hours of the day: Many posters have complained that the CA calls debtors at odd hours, often before 6a.m and after 11p.m, thereby violating the FDCPA. Debt collectors may only call debtors in between 8a.m to 9.p.m, the debtor's local time. Find out more details...
- Threatening debtors: One customer said Pinnacle Credit Services LLC threatened to inform her spouse's (who was in the Air Force serving in another country) commanding officer if she didn't pay off debt. This would cause her spouse problems. The customer hadn't stopped making payments, but she couldn't afford to pay more than $50 a month. Pinnacle Credit Services wanted her to pay $250 a month which was impossible for her to manage. Learn more...
- Trying to collect debt without notices: One person said that the CA contacted his father about payment on an old debt. The CA said that they had been sending notices for payment, but the person complained that his father hadn't received any notices regarding the debt. Get further details...
- Not willing to accept a deletion letter: One customer says that the CA wasn't willing to accept a Pay for Delete agreement that would have helped him remove a negative listing from his credit report. But the representative didn't allow him to speak to a supervisor and refused to agree to a Pay for Delete agreement without even taking a look at his account. Find out the details...
- Attempting to collect a debt already paid off: One community member said that Pinnacle Credit Services LLC contacted him about a bill that had already been paid off through Chapter 13 about 15 years ago. The member had just restored his credit and he wasn't willing to have the account back on his credit report.Learn more...
- Threatening to sue: Pinnacle Credit Services LLC contacted a debtor about an account that had been outstanding since 1995. When the person asked the CA to validate the bill, they threatened to sue unless the debtor disputed the charge. The debtor had sent the dispute letter along with a request for validation, but hadn't gotten a reply. Find the details...
- Not providing information on debt account: Some members have said that the CA is not willing to provide customers with the details about where the debt originated. When customers call to get information on the debt account, the representative hangs up on them. Learn more...
What are the steps to dealing with an old account held by the CA?
Take the following steps when Pinnacle Credit Services or any other CA calls you about payment on an old debt.
- Check your credit report: Check if the account shows up as being in "collections" on your credit report.
- Know your state's SOL: Find out what the Statute of Limitations (SOL) is in your state. If the SOL has expired, then the CA cannot take you to court. If you've relocated to another state, the SOL of the state where your debt originated may apply.
- Request a validation: If you're not certain whether you owe the money or not, then ask the CA to validate your debt. Learn more about debt validation.
- Pay in full or work out a settlement: If the CA sends you enough proof that you owe the debt, you should negotiate a payment plan or work out a settlement where you can pay less than you owe.
What if you don't owe money to the collection agency?
If you do not owe the money, you should send the CA a Cease and Desist letter stating that you have already paid the bill. If they continue making harassing calls, file a complaint with your State Attorney General and the FTC.
What are the contact details of Pinnacle Credit Services, LLC?
Pinnacle Credit Services LLCs address is:
7900 Highway 7
St Louis Park, MN 55426
Pinnacle credit services phone number: (952) 939-8100
Sub: Pinnacle Credit Services - Consumer reviews and steps to deal with it
Tue, 27/12/2005 05:29