Palisades collection-Consumer complaints and tips to deal with the CARate This Article:
Many consumers have complaints against Palisades collection agency. Some of the customers, having bitter experience with the agency, have shared their feedback on this company in the DebtCC forums.
Are consumers satisfied with Palisades collection agency?
Many consumers are not satisfied with this collection agency (CA) for numerous reasons. Some of those reasons are discussed below:
- Collection of paid-off accounts: The CA is accused of collecting on accounts which have been paid off long time back. A customer says the agency came after him to collect a mortgage account on behalf of Chase Manhattan Bank, although he paid it off in full when he refinanced the loan with another mortgage company. Check this out...
- Collection of written-off accounts: A customer states that Palisades collection came after him for a 7 year old AT&T account which had already been written off his credit report. Find more on this.
- Collection of invalid bills: The agency often comes after customers for bills which are said to be invalid. One such customer says the CA came after him for an AT&T bill worth $500, though he claims he never made calls worth that much and had canceled his AT&T service long time back. Another customer complains that they came after him for an unpaid bill for Verizon, in spite of the fact that he never had a phone with this phone company. Know more...
- Reporting wrong information on credit: A customer complains that Palisades Collection LLC reported collections on his credit report. But he says that he paid off the account in full almost 6 months earlier. When he called the company and asked why they reported collections on his credit, they said it was reported properly!
Another customer says Palisades reported false information to the credit bureau. He said the company reported the date of last activity on his account as 08/2008, though the correct date was 06/2002. Here's the details...
- Harassment over phone: People often complain of getting too many annoying calls from Palisades collection agency. A customer says he received calls from the CA, even though he was paying on a collection account and his other accounts were in good standing. Another consumer complains that the CA calls him repeatedly for a debt which he does not owe. The representatives are also said to be very rude with the customers. Get more information on this.
What are the things to remember while dealing with Palisades?
There are certain things you should keep in mind while you deal with this collection agency. Check out the points given below:
- Let them validate the account: The first thing you should do when the Palisades collection agency contacts you to collect an account is send them a validation letter to make sure you owe the debt and they have the legal right to collect it from you.
- Stop their harassment: In case you do not owe the debt or if it has crossed the SOL, send them a Cease and Desist letter and ask them to stop harassing you. If you owe the debt, you can still send them this letter stating that you wish to deal with the original creditor on your own. If they continue to harass, you can file complaint with the FTC for violation of FDCPA.
- Don't share your personal information: Some consumers complain that Palisades often wants to know personal information like SSN, etc. You should never share your confidential information with them. If they have the legal right to collect on your account, they should be aware of your personal details, including your SSN.
- Communicate in writing: Whenever you communicate with the collection agency, try to do it in writing. If you send them mails, always use the certified return receipt requested service so that you have proof of the communication with them.
- Check original agreement papers: If the CA is charging too much of fees and adding them on the balance on your account, you should check the original agreement you had with the actual creditor. The agreement should state clearly whether or not the CA is allowed to add fees and charges to your account.
In case, you want to know Palisades collection contact information, you can use the following details:
Palisades collection address:
370, 7th Avenue, 12th Floor,
New York, NY 10001