Credit Protection Depot - Are there any complaints against them?
Rate This Article:
by 7548 members
Credit Protection Depot is a collection agency based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Most consumers don't have much positive experience while dealing with the Credit Protection Depot. One of the most common complaints against the company is that they take out money from consumers' accounts without any authorization. Have a look at the sections below to know about some serious complaints against the company.
Serious complaints against Credit Protection Depot
A lot of consumers have shared their experiences with Credit Protection Depot in the Debt Consolidation Care Community. Several consumers had bad experience while dealing with this company. Here are some of the major complaints against Credit Protection Depot:
- Take money from accounts: One consumer complains that the Credit Protection Depot debits money from people's checking accounts without their prior permission. He even says that the company takes out more money than what is owed. Get more details
- Make false threats: Another consumer accuses the company of making false threats. The company said that they would send him to jail. The representatives of the company even call him from unknown numbers. Check out the details
- Fraud company: One consumer says Credit Protection Depot is a fraud company. He says that the company is not licensed in Nevada and makes agreements with consumers on phone. Learn more
- Not licensed company: A consumer says that the company is not licensed in the state in which he resides. The company has called him a couple of times when he was not at the home. However, he is unable to reach the company whenever he calls back. Get more information
- Call at work place: An angry consumer complains that the company makes threatening calls at his work place. Know more
What to do when Credit Protection Depot harasses you
You may take the following steps if the representatives of Credit Protection Depot harass you:
- Check their license: Check whether Credit Protection Depot is licensed in your state. If they don't have a valid license to operate in your state, then you only need to pay the principal amount of the payday loan. But you won't need to pay any interests on the loan.
- Request them to validate the debt: Under federal law, you have the right to ask the company to validate the debt. So, next time when the representatives of the company calls you regarding a payday loan, ask them to validate the debt.
- Send a Cease and Desist letter: If you don't receive any validation letter from Credit Protection Depot, then consider sending Cease and Desist letter to the company. By law, they are not supposed to contact you after receiving the Cease and Desist letter.
- Contact Attorney general: If you find that the company is violating state and Federal laws, then you should get legal help. You can visit your local Attorney General's Office and Consumer Response Center at the Federal Trade Commission.
- Close your account: If you find that you're not able to stop the company from draining your checking account by any means, then you may close it. However, you should consider closing your account only when you've no other option left.
How to contact Credit Protection Depot
The representatives of Credit Protection Depot can be reached at the following address:
Credit Protection Depot Address: 4601 W. Sahara Ave. #1
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Phone Number: (866) 645-1661
Sub: Credit Protection Depot - Are there any complaints against them?
Wed, 12/07/2006 14:04
Page loaded in 1.581 seconds.