DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Calvary collection agency - want to take debt validation from them?

my name is michelle stewart and my question is I am trying to pay my sprint bill with debit, and the collection agency is calvary and I have no phone number for them I owe $197.00 I want to pay full amount. thank you

Not so Lucky
Credits: 53458.7

Sub: #1 Do not pay Calvary until you validate the debt. They are famous
Tue, 02/21/2006 - 18:49

Do not pay Calvary until you validate the debt. They are famous for pulling your credit report and stating you owe them the money when they don't legally have the debt.

david
Credits: 35065.55

Sub: #2 Hi michelle Do not panic dealing with this collection agency.
Wed, 02/22/2006 - 09:39

Hi michelle

Do not panic dealing with this collection agency. The agency can't make your life unbearable and they should notify you about the account in writing. If you chose not to work with them, send a letter to your original credit company and explain your concern. You will be able to make the arrangements with them and won't have to deal with the collectors further.

If the account has been sold to the collector, ask for a debt validation before you agree to pay them. This is a federal rule and the collection company must follow it. They should not make any contact with you before the details have been given to you.

Read the summary thread on Allied Interstate

Unregistered

Sub: #3 help
Mon, 05/08/2006 - 13:38

i have been letting calvery with hole 45.00 a month out of my checking account for a long time to pay off a debt but i never get anything from them stating how much is owed and i don't know how to contact them

Unregistered

Sub: #4 i finally got in touch with cavalry, they were very rude and sai
Mon, 05/08/2006 - 14:18

i finally got in touch with cavalry, they were very rude and said that i still owed over 600.00 dollars the funny thing is the total amount was not even that high at the beginning and i have been paying on it for over a year and ahalf help olease

john
Credits: 27081.5

Sub: #5 Hi sherry Don't allow Calvery take further money from your a
Mon, 05/08/2006 - 14:22

Hi sherry

Don't allow Calvery take further money from your account. You must request for an itemized statement now and know the actual standing. Your bank must be having their address details. If needed, close your checking account. The company will contact you after not receiving the funds. You can then negotiate with them further.

Read the twelve golden guidelines of debt solution and become debt free.

Unregistered

Sub: #6 Phone number for Calvery
Fri, 06/15/2007 - 09:45

I received a call from this company this morning. It was an automated call and they were looking for my brother in law but left a number to reach them at if this was not his phone/address. I called the number back and spoke to someone at 1-800-821-2507. Hope this is helpful to you.

Unregistered

Sub: #7 rude
Thu, 07/12/2007 - 10:10

I recieved a call from this company and they asked for my husband I asked them there name and she told me but i then had to ask her from what company and mind you my husband only has good car credit, never has had any other thing in his name no credit card, etc and I have never heard of this company before and when i told her that he was not in she hung up on me RUDE!!!!

Unregistered

Sub: #8 Calvary
Wed, 07/18/2007 - 17:45

I just want to thank you all for having a site like this. I too have been receiving phone calls from them and I did speak to someone. I told them that I will call them back. Now I'm going to go home and check my mail for what they supposedly sent to me. I found that the way they handled things were very unprofessional and I won't be giving them anything!!! AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE.

Unregistered

Sub: #9 wrong name
Thu, 07/26/2007 - 16:33

they have been calling me for the last two days asking for someone I have never heard of! I had to check the last number called (which cost me money) to find out the phone number and spoke to someone who said he would take my number off the list. What is with this place? What should I do if they call again? How did they get my number with the wrong name? I have no credit problems. Is this place legal or should I contact the police or the phone company?

Good Nelly

Credits: 49553.55

Sub: #10 I had a friend of mine who had to go through an awful ordeal whe
Fri, 07/27/2007 - 06:14

I had a friend of mine who had to go through an awful ordeal when he was literally being hounded for a loan that he didn????????t owe. Its nothing but a sleazy way to squeeze some money out of people. Next time they call you up make clear to them that you do not owe any responsibility for the debt in question. Ask them the name and contact details of the original lender. Tell them that you want them to put everything in writing. And then simply hang up.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100002227460566

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post

Page loaded in 5.739 seconds.