DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Emblem Mastercard

Contrel

Do you have an Emblem Mastercard that you obtain through paying off a debt through Jefferson Capital Systems? Is so, how is it working for you? What was your starting credit line, and what is your credit limit now. I just want to know how many people is the Emblem card working for, the ones that have it...
My starting credit was $262 and the card was issued in May 2009. I received my first credit limit increase in October 2009 of $100. Then in January 2010 I received an increase of $200.00 Since I heard they give increase every three months, I should recieve another increase this month. Not sure how much it will be.
I have been before time. I just recenlty, the last two months, use my credit card to pay bills. All the bills I was paying with my debit card, I start paying with my credit card. The money that I use to pay bills, I apply it to the card. So, when statement times roll around, its nearly a 0 balance. This has really built up my credit score. I expect a larger increase of a credit limit since i have been applying $300-$400 bi weekly on my credit card. That's $600-$800. This will show them that I am able to handle more.
So when I receive that next credit limit increase I will be sure to share it! Should be tomorrow since this makes the 3rd month.
Please share you Emblem experiences!

Unregistered

Sub: #1 One more thing. I checked tonight and they increased my credit l
Tue, 04/13/2010 - 19:57

One more thing. I checked tonight and they increased my credit line by $300 more dollars. So, they do increase your credit limit every 3rd month. I love my Emblem Mastercard because with out, no one I mean no one would offer me credit. Now my credit score has improved and it has been a great experience!

Unregistered

Sub: #2 I just recieved my card in April. I am very happy with it. My cr
Mon, 05/10/2010 - 10:14

I just recieved my card in April. I am very happy with it. My credit score did go down by a couple of points, but that is because my debt ratio went up. Because my credit limit is low, my balance is near the limit, but after a couple of payments, my limit should go up and my debt ratio will go down. This will increase my credit score. I can't wait! I think this was a wonderful oportunity! I wish more creditors made this an option!

Unregistered

Sub: #3 There's no such thing as an Emblem Mastercard, it's just a come
Sat, 07/03/2010 - 16:56

There's no such thing as an Emblem Mastercard, it's just a come on to screw you out of your money. If you pay them, there is no improvement in your credit, they lie about giving you a card you never get. They don't mail you a bill, then say you're late you better pay it or they'll report you for bad credit, despite the fact they don't ever issue you a card. It's a scam all the way, including any positive comments.

Unregistered

Sub: #4 TO JES... This is no scam. I have had my Emblem credit card for
Tue, 07/06/2010 - 13:51

TO JES... This is no scam. I have had my Emblem credit card for well over a year now. I receive a bill EVERY month. I am able to log on to the website to pay my bill online to check my balance or what ever. But, this is certainly not a scam. I received my card as promised. Every three months I receive a credit increase first it was $100, then $200 and then $300 and the latest $400. So, my balance starting out being $241 and now it is well over $1200. No scam here!!!!

Unregistered

Sub: #5 No Credit Limit increase - Emblem
Thu, 07/22/2010 - 11:16

I guess everybody has their own experiences with the Emblem Master Card. I can say that the card is not a scam, I do have one. I get a bill every month and I am able to log onto the webiste. However, I have not received the promised credit line increases. I have called them several times about an increase. Just as recently as today they told me that all credit limit increases are on hold. I was told that managment has put a hold on all credit limit increases at this time. Has anybody else been told that within the last month or two ?

Unregistered

Sub: #6 I was told by customer service that there will be no credit limi
Fri, 08/06/2010 - 17:42

I was told by customer service that there will be no credit limit increases.

Unregistered

Sub: #7 I have an Emblem Mastercard, that I received in April. I haven'
Thu, 08/12/2010 - 11:38

I have an Emblem Mastercard, that I received in April. I haven't had any issues with their service at all. I get a bill every month & I can also log onto their website & make my payments (for free I may add). The payments post the very next day. I haven't received an increase & was actually surfing the internet to see how the increases work, but I found out now through this thread...thanks everyone! JES, I don't know what happened with you & your Emblem card because you seem to be the only with a problem. I hope you're able to get it all straightened out...it will definitely help your credit. GOD BLESS!

Unregistered

Sub: #8 Can you tell me where to go to apply for an Emblem credit card?
Thu, 08/12/2010 - 12:30

Can you tell me where to go to apply for an Emblem credit card?

Unregistered

Sub: #9 I have received more than one offer to receive a credit card in
Thu, 08/19/2010 - 19:11

I have received more than one offer to receive a credit card in order to settle an old debt. I am unsure if this is a scam or is it legitimate? i know companies do what they can to earn and keep business, but this is one of those offers that seem to good to be true. With the information being so vague and not complete, are they trying to take advantage of you to get the debt paid that they bought or is it true that they give you a card with a insanely high interest rate to get out of you as much money as they can? I have read all of your responses to it, but honestly, who knows if the responses are real and not portrayed to get people to think that others are happy with the card that may or may not exist. Companies are smart to know that individuals are going to do there research before they commit to something like this debt owed or not. Debt makes the world go round.

Unregistered

Sub: #10 wrong..
Tue, 08/31/2010 - 06:37

Quote:
Originally Posted byAnonymous
There's no such thing as an Emblem Mastercard, it's just a come on to screw you out of your money. If you pay them, there is no improvement in your credit, they lie about giving you a card you never get. They don't mail you a bill, then say you're late you better pay it or they'll report you for bad credit, despite the fact they don't ever issue you a card. It's a scam all the way, including any positive comments.

I myself have an emblem card, and it is wonderful to have unfortunately people like you decide to bash the company, when there are so many fantastic reports, I receive a bill each month and received my card about 2 weeks after paying off my debt so the card is real, and works.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post

Page loaded in 0.507 seconds.