ACS INC - What strategies should you adopt to avoid being scammed?
Rate This Article:
by 6255 members
A lot of consumers have complained in the forum that they've received threatening phone calls from ACS INC. The company has threatened to press criminal charges against several forum members. Some members have even faced lawsuit threats from this company.
ACS INC – Is it a scam company and how should you deal with them?
The general opinion of the forum members is that ACS INC is a scam company. In fact, several consumers have been scammed by this company. Read below to know how this company tries to scam consumers.
- Threatens to send you jail: A community member claimed that ACS INC called him and threatened to send him jail. The member was asked to meet the company representative at the court.
- Does not give any proof: A forum member said that someone called Richard Wilson asked him to pay $300. Richard refused to show any paper or give any information to the forum member. Rather, Richard asked him to check out a law website.
- Gives fake identity: The company has claimed that they are affiliated with Cooper's Law Firm, which is completely non-existent. Moreover, they demand different amount at various points of time. When the consumers ask them to give any information, the company claims that they're collecting information and not vice versa.
- Calls regarding invalid debt: ACS INC calls consumers and their relatives regarding illegitimate debts. The caller has a heavy middle accent. The fax number is also wrong.
- Make incessant calls: A community member received harassing calls from this company in every 30 seconds at office. Everyone was bothered by those calls – from coworkers to manager. The member got respite from the calls after making some legal threats.
- Press charges for check fraud: A community member was asked to pay for paid off debt. The member was asked to pay $700. He did pay $400 in 2 installments. Thereafter, the member stopped making payments as he didn't have money. The company immediately increased the amount and threatened to press charges for check fraud against him.
- Acts as a federal agent: The company acts as a representative of the federal government and threatens to bring federal charges against consumers. The company representative calls relatives of the consumer and talks in a profane language.
- Threatens to sue relatives: It is not that the company threatens to file a lawsuit only against the consumer. ACS INC threatens to sue the relatives of the consumer as well.
- Calls the employer several times: As per a senior forum member, this company has no scruples. The forum member received several calls from this company. The member was instructed to pass on the message to the employees. The member refused to do so.
- Asks to reveal your debit card number: A community member received a call from someone called Louis Vinson. The guy claimed that the member owed $345 to Cash Advance America. The community member didn't owe any money and so avoided revealing the fax number. Louis got very angry and threatened to take the matter to court.
How should you deal with ACS INC?
Here are the few steps that you can take to deal with ACS INC when they try to scam you.
- Register a formal complaint: If the company has scammed you or tried to scam you, then file a complaint with the BBB or FTC or State Attorney General. Give full details of the complaint. Make sure you mention when you received the collection calls.
- Send a letter: Send a letter to the company and tell them that you would press felony charges against them if they continue to harass you or your relatives regarding an invalid debt.
- Call them back: You can call the collectors back and harass them instead. This is what a forum member did when she received a call from this company. She received a call from someone called Cynthia Harris. When Cynthia asked her name, the forum member said that her name was Cynthia Harris. She kept on repeating the same name till Cynthia Harris got fed up.
- Have a talk with your attorney: If you're unsure or you've any doubt, then discuss the matter with your attorney. He can tell you if it is a scam. You can know about the steps that you need to take to protect yourself.
Be careful if you receive phone calls from ACS INC. Don't get scared just because this company knows various things about you. Handle them tactfully and get legal help if they try to scam you.
Sub: ACS INC - What strategies should you adopt to avoid being scammed?
Thu, 14/11/2013 01:48